JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ShintoCanadianmale (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Tokyo Gas buys stake in biomass power company - 08-12-2008, 09:38 PM

Tokyo Gas buys stake in biomass power company

Tokyo Gas Company has announced its entry into the biomass power business through a stake in a company preparing to generate power by burning of wood waste.

Tokyo Gas said on Monday it has acquired a stake of just over 4 percent in a biomass-derived power firm that is a subsidiary of leasing giant Orix Corporation.

The firm, Agatsuma Bio Power, is building a plant in Gunma Prefecture, near Tokyo, that will burn woodchips to be procured from local businesses.

The power plant is due to begin operation in fiscal 2010, with a planned output of 13,600 kilowatts. That is enough to meet the annual power consumption of about 23,000 households.

Tokyo Gas said that burning woodchips for power can be certified as being carbon neutral, meaning the process is considered free of carbon dioxide emissions.

It said the method would also ensure a stable supply of power, since it is unaffected by weather conditions compared to other clean energy sources.

Tokyo Gas is also experimenting with other forms of biomass power generation, including those using sewer sludge and methane gas from seaweeds.

The gas company is attempting to enter the electricity market, amid the liberalization of Japan's utility business.

2008/08/12 09:58

NHK WORLD English

crunchyroll.com
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

08-12-2008, 09:40 PM

I really wish people would put what they're quoting in quote tags. Not because I'm anal about citing, but because I don't like sifting through trying to figure out your post actually is.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.