JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

Japan to give Y104 mil in emergency grant aid to Iraq - 02-24-2007, 08:51 PM

Friday, February 23, 2007
TOKYO- The cabinet decided Friday to provide new emergency grant aid worth about 104.5 million yen to Iraq to help improve the war-torn country's security and basic services such as health and food supply.

The aid, which also includes developing human resources, is part of Japan's continued contribution to support Iraq's reconstruction efforts, the Foreign Ministry said. The aid will be disbursed through international agencies such as the U.N. Children's Fund, U.N. Development Program, and the U.N. World Food Program, the ministry said.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#2 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

02-25-2007, 04:51 PM

104.5 million yen...wow, sounds generous (?). Supposedly Japan is one of the world's biggest providers of emergency aid of this kind. You never hear about that in my country, apparently we're too busy focussing on our own generosity in these matters. *slaps own country on the wrist*

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#3 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Once again Japan steps forward. I hear the troop deployment there has produced possitive results.

USN Japan 1985 - 1997, best years of my life.