JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan News & Events (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/)
-   -   Young Japanese & Their Cellphones (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/2824-young-japanese-their-cellphones.html)

Niyusu 03-05-2007 09:24 AM

Young Japanese & Their Cellphones

Almost all young Japanese say mobile phones have changed their lifestyles, with nearly one-third of them confessing to spending three hours or more a day on their mobile, a survey says. Four percent of young Japanese people spend more than 10 hours a day on their phones.

Full Article: Yahoo - Young Japanese Say Cellphones Changing Their Lives

CoolNard 03-05-2007 09:29 AM

Hmm.. i guess this doesn't only apply to the Japanese lol.., it goes for almost every other teen out there too.. O.o

Raziel 03-05-2007 11:50 AM

When i visited Japan in Februari, i also noticed that when on the subway/trains that most peope are occupied with their Cell. Also in restaurants and such they are using it non-stop. (young people that is)

But they also use that to check and send their emails, so it is a bit different then the European system of cellphones (from what i've seen here in Europe that is)

So when a report says that they spend a lot of time on their cells, we should compare it to (example) the time europeans spend on their cells + the time spend at home whilereading/sending emails. That would be more fair in comparrison i believe.

moocow49 03-06-2007 01:31 AM

Speaking on the phone too much is a waste of life.

animeomarguy 03-06-2007 01:45 AM

Oh? And how so, moocow49? It's amazing how much the teenage population loves technology, not only mobile phones.

Nyororin 03-06-2007 03:22 AM

Everyone I know, old and young, carries their cell phone with them at all times. You can write/read email, browse the web, and play games.

While I certainly can`t possibly imagine someone spending 10 hours playing on their phone - that is a definite waste of a life... If you count the time people spend killing time while they`re waiting for something or someone, yes, I can imagine 2 or 3 hours in total. Back when I had to do the hospital circuit, and before I had a DS, I would spend a good our or two playing a cell phone game while in the waiting room.

Much more entertaining than watching the afternoon soaps on the tiny tvs they have up...

moocow49 03-06-2007 10:58 AM

I don't really know why, it's just a feeling. I guess the same could be said for me. I spend massive amounts of time on my computer.

ShibaInu 03-07-2007 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niyusu (Post 59393)
Almost all young Japanese say mobile phones have changed their lifestyles, with nearly one-third of them confessing to spending three hours or more a day on their mobile, a survey says. Four percent of young Japanese people spend more than 10 hours a day on their phones.

I guess, for a country who both loves and creates new technologies, this doesn't surprise me a lot...:)

annelie82 03-07-2007 04:44 PM

[quote=Niyusu;59393]Almost all young Japanese say mobile phones have changed their lifestyles, with nearly one-third of them confessing to spending three hours or more a day on their mobile, a survey says. Four percent of young Japanese people spend more than 10 hours a day on their phones.
QUOTE]

Where I'm from Japan is sometimes dubbed as "the land of technology", so this information comes as no surprise. ^^ I wonder what Japanese cell phones look like? I bet they're really sleek and stylish.

~annelie

Nyororin 03-07-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annelie82 (Post 61373)

Where I'm from Japan is sometimes dubbed as "the land of technology", so this information comes as no surprise. ^^ I wonder what Japanese cell phones look like? I bet they're really sleek and stylish.

~annelie

Here is the cell phone I have. :D