JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Who's going to Japan in...? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/11738-whos-going-japan.html)

micxnet 01-19-2008 09:47 AM

I'm traveling to Japan for my first trip between March 22nd till April 4th, will be visiting Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima.

sliksock 01-19-2008 08:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm planning my first trip to Japan in April. I'll be flying out of LAX non-stop to Narita on April 13th and flying back on April 23rd. I plan to spend the entire time in Tokyo, seeing the sights and walking around taking pictures. I have some specific places I plan to go and some places I'm still considering seeing. Doubtlessly there are places I haven't considered as of yet that I will end up making plans to visit. The only thing I have specifically planned is to check out Harajuku on Sunday, everything else is very fluid.

I'll be staying at the Hotel Rose Garden in Shinjuku. From what I have read here and other places, Shinjuku seems like a great place to start each day.

I'm chomping at the bit for April to hurry up and get here. My last vacation was back in 2004 when I spent 2 weeks in Thailand and I can't wait to get out into the world again. :)

Sliksock

samurai007 01-19-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliksock (Post 363231)
Hello everyone,

I'm planning my first trip to Japan in April. I'll be flying out of LAX non-stop to Narita on April 13th and flying back on April 23rd. I plan to spend the entire time in Tokyo, seeing the sights and walking around taking pictures. I have some specific places I plan to go and some places I'm still considering seeing. Doubtlessly there are places I haven't considered as of yet that I will end up making plans to visit. The only thing I have specifically planned is to check out Harajuku on Sunday, everything else is very fluid.

I'll be staying at the Hotel Rose Garden in Shinjuku. From what I have read here and other places, Shinjuku seems like a great place to start each day.

I'm chomping at the bit for April to hurry up and get here. My last vacation was back in 2004 when I spent 2 weeks in Thailand and I can't wait to get out into the world again. :)

Sliksock

IMHO, what a waste it would be to fly all the way to Japan and stay in Tokyo for all 10 days... Read some past threads here and look at some pictures and guidebooks to find a ton of other places to visit in Japan besides just Tokyo.

When you went to Thailand, did you stay in 1 city the whole time, or did you get out, see some of the countryside, visit some temples, beaches, etc?

koaku 01-19-2008 09:18 PM

Going to Japan In August 2008 for 4yrs!!! (if im good) its for finish my Bachelor (2yrs) and maybe finish my study there.. is there somebody else who going to Japan for study?

noodle 01-19-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koaku (Post 363295)
Going to Japan In August 2008 for 4yrs!!! (if im good) its for finish my Bachelor (2yrs) and maybe finish my study there.. is there somebody else who going to Japan for study?

hey, long time no speak... WOW, you're going for FOUR years? I'm going to Osaka for 1 or 2 years... Unfortunately Tokyo seems a little too expensive for poor me, so i've chosen osaka!!

sliksock 01-19-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai007 (Post 363286)
IMHO, what a waste it would be to fly all the way to Japan and stay in Tokyo for all 10 days... Read some past threads here and look at some pictures and guidebooks to find a ton of other places to visit in Japan besides just Tokyo.

When you went to Thailand, did you stay in 1 city the whole time, or did you get out, see some of the countryside, visit some temples, beaches, etc?

I'm sorry, I should have made it clear that when I said this would be my first trip to Japan, I meant FIRST OF MANY. This particular trip I plan to stay entirely in Tokyo. Though I have to admit, I cannot for the life of me imagine how 10 full days in Tokyo to do whatever you want could ever be considered a waste no matter how you look at it.

koaku 01-19-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 363310)
hey, long time no speak... WOW, you're going for FOUR years? I'm going to Osaka for 1 or 2 years... Unfortunately Tokyo seems a little too expensive for poor me, so i've chosen osaka!!

Yeah long time! and yes again ,i will finish my 2yrs Bachelor left and maybe finish there...My dad already have an appartement near or in Shinjuku so...Thank You EDF!!lol

noodle 01-19-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koaku (Post 363389)
Yeah long time! and yes again ,i will finish my 2yrs Bachelor left and maybe finish there...My dad already have an appartement near or in Shinjuku so...Thank You EDF!!lol

haha, lucky for some!!! mais pourquoi 2 ans? le "bachelors" c'est 3 ans et t'es deja en 2e annee!

koaku 01-19-2008 10:11 PM

1 ans pour le Japonnais j'en ai jamais fais!! normalement la plupart des cours sont en anglais mais certain cour serait en Jap. donc...

noodle 01-19-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koaku (Post 363427)
1 ans pour le Japonnais j'en ai jamais fais!! normalement la plupart des cours sont en anglais mais certain cour serait en Jap. donc...

A mrd. J'espere pour moi que tout les cours sont en anglais, si non, j'vais perdr un an pour rien!