JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
janul (Offline)
New to JF

to study in japan!! - 02-11-2008, 05:55 PM

hello i am a colombian girl and i wanna study marine biology in japan
i have any information about to study in japan!!
is japan promoting the biology??
in which universities??
is easy for foreing students get to sudy there??
i THANK some information that you can give me about it!!
bye.....
(#2 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-11-2008, 10:14 PM

for the majority of courses in Japanese universities you will be required to have a high level of Japanese. The entrance exams at the good universities are very difficult. most people i have met who have gone to study a bachelor or master in Japan have spent as much as 2 years studying Japanese intensely in Japan prior to entering university. I'm looking at completing a master in Japan, I'm just deciding whether i want to complete it in Japanese or in English... more research for me.

I've no idea what Japan is like for biology but i imagine universities in Kyushu region would be great for marine biology as they have many reefs and warmer temperatures there.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
zenit (Offline)
i'm evil kyuubi

02-12-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
for the majority of courses in Japanese universities you will be required to have a high level of Japanese. The entrance exams at the good universities are very difficult. most people i have met who have gone to study a bachelor or master in Japan have spent as much as 2 years studying Japanese intensely in Japan prior to entering university. I'm looking at completing a master in Japan, I'm just deciding whether i want to complete it in Japanese or in English... more research for me.

I've no idea what Japan is like for biology but i imagine universities in Kyushu region would be great for marine biology as they have many reefs and warmer temperatures there.
So ur telling that if u want to take a masters in an university u need to know a lot of japanese? And also u need to pass a very dificult test to enter the university itself? But that doesnt aply to all universities does it?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-12-2008, 09:59 AM

some universities have english only programs but you are indeed limiting your options of universities and what you can study. you can't expect most universities to carry english only graduate programs, that would be like someone from china going to a western country and getting a graduate degree in chinese, it is the most spoken language in the world, why not? haha...
as i said in my post i was referring to the top universities, as you go down the scale of good universities it is going to get easy to get in but you might find that as you get lower down the scale you will have less universities offering english only programs.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
zenit (Offline)
i'm evil kyuubi

02-12-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
some universities have english only programs but you are indeed limiting your options of universities and what you can study. you can't expect most universities to carry english only graduate programs, that would be like someone from china going to a western country and getting a graduate degree in chinese, it is the most spoken language in the world, why not? haha...
as i said in my post i was referring to the top universities, as you go down the scale of good universities it is going to get easy to get in but you might find that as you get lower down the scale you will have less universities offering english only programs.
I know what u mean, but here its hard toi find japanese schools, and the ones that exist aren't really advanced in it, so i asked since its not that easy for some to learn the language, and selfstudy can help u learning but its not substitute for proper teacher and good learning environment. so one idea would be entering for english teaching Uni and using free time to learn there proper japanese.. But i agree with u in wich the ideal would be having really good japanese level...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
mogya (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to mogya
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM

Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology(Tokyo-Kaiyo-daigaku/東京海洋大学 in Japanese) is one of popular university about marine. and they have english web site.
National University Corporation TOKYO UNIVERSITY OF MARINE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY