JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

Do YOU want to goto Japan? - 04-07-2008, 04:04 PM

I repeat. Do You want to goto Japan?

Then as someone who asked this question of themself, the only answer I can give is "DO IT"

I was in the position of having enough time and money to finance a comfortable period of time in Japan, for me 3 months. For you it may be less or more.
I said yes to myself and I made the arrangments. I booked the flight and accomodation and the closer it got the more scared I became untill I relalised it was not fear but excitment.
The whole decision for me has been a positive one and having Japan as a destination only helps it be a positive one as you are not required to fit in. You are free to choose your level of intergration and at what speed you wich to do this. If you choose to do this or that at any particular time you will be accepted and helped as best as they can help you.

Of course a major city is made up of many different sorts of people, but I have found in my short time Tokyo to be a very welcoming and forgiving city unlike many western cities.

If you want to come to Japan and more specifically Tokyo, then you should follow that dream as I am sure that it (Tokyo) will live up to what you wanted your dream too, if not offer up a few unexpected things for you to continue wanting to dream about.

It is not hard to get here or live here so there should be no reason for you to continue asking yourself IF! You should start asking when, and the sooner the better.

I can only state from my experience so far (all of one week and 3 days) but I have enjoyed every single day to the point that I feel like I have been here six months. I guess I really wanted to be here and now I am loving every second of it. COOL!!!!! Three months in seconds, you work out how much life experience that is!

Seriously. get your asses over here, it is easy and safe and rich in life.

I hope I see you before my 3 is over.

Marcus

Super Roboto Jutsu Powah - Dynamic Servo Death Crush *NeeP*

Last edited by odonata : 04-07-2008 at 04:09 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
BlueSan (Offline)
New to JF

04-07-2008, 04:10 PM

sorry cant do it...

Next year or year after that max...

And I shall come...

Otherwise yep most definitely

Blue
(#3 (permalink))
Old
NeoVisualizm (Offline)
Noodles^_^

04-07-2008, 04:16 PM

now this post.. is.. extremly.. provoking.. my.. feelings!!!
Now, im dying to go Japan!! *starts crying*

☆ My Jeong, Hikaru, Sakae, Juka, Narumi, Satsuki, Rubii, Yuji, Jun ☆
☆ Claimer,ajsnoopy ☆ Claim,Miyavifan ☆
(#4 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

04-07-2008, 04:33 PM

Neo, Take a coin and flip it. If it is heads you have to come here within a week. If it is tails then two weeks.

Seriously, It is not hard at all. There are two 18 year olds staying in my building (and one looks not a shade over 14) and If they can do it then I am sure you can. They speak less Japanese then me and I am shit at speaking JP
It is easy and fun if your budget can handle it.
Tell yourself YES. and book the flight.

M.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
NeoVisualizm (Offline)
Noodles^_^

04-07-2008, 04:37 PM

the problem is,, there is just nooo way for me to come over there till May, I have school, secondly, my parents wouldnt send me alone there, honestly, i might even be scared to come, if there was something like summer camp,.. :'(

(#6 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

04-07-2008, 04:46 PM

OK, I guess you are quite young then. If this is the case then do not fret as you have pleanty time excluding an un-natural death. (JOKE)
IF I were you and I reached the age of 20+ I would seriously get a a group of like minded friends together for a trip, If it came down to me having to go on my own I would say "buck it" and go on my own as I know I would make new friends in Japan.
I would say on reflection that I would even consider coming to Japan if I were 18. Fortunatly I am now an old man and I can do what I want whithout any issues. In one way it is good but being an old man is like -300 hp in kudos points. What I would have given to reverse time and be here when I was 18.

Back to reality and the fact that I can afford the best maid cafes hehehehe!

M.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
NeoVisualizm (Offline)
Noodles^_^

04-07-2008, 05:02 PM

well im not 18, not yet.. Thats right.. still have time but still. Im kinda stubborun about these issues..XDD anyway I will go to Japan! Someday! XD

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ayame90 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-07-2008, 05:05 PM

I'm 18. But i got school and other plans for myself........and do believe if i could go i would no doubt about it i would.
But too many obstacles in the way right now.

The pic added goes to the ones whose ideas are in a box, to the ones who don't give respect to the one who doesn't fit in that box, stereotying one as I am. You'll soon learn your mistake in not getting the chance, because of Your Error to get to know as others have gotten to know, love, respect, and appreciate me for who I am and not for what you aim to make me.

あしゅり
のえる
(#9 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

04-07-2008, 05:30 PM

School comes first sweetheart, but after school then what?
Just let me inform you, at 18 you have a vibrant life ahead, just dont make any more obstacles in your life. Deal with the ones now and then do what you desire. If you start to make new obstacles you will soon find that you are 40 years old and have never done any of the things you desired to do at 18.

Be brave young woman and do the things that you want to do before time runs out.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

04-07-2008, 05:34 PM

Neo, If you say you will goto Jp then I believe you. I said the same thing and I am now here., so it can and does happen. Just dont wait as long as I did.
M.

Damn, I wish I was 18 again. i would arrange to pickup you girls and whisk you off too JP with me. I dont think your parents would see me as an responsible adult though hehehe.

Last edited by odonata : 04-07-2008 at 05:40 PM.