JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
BlueSan (Offline)
New to JF

04-07-2008, 05:56 PM

Its 19 for me on September I turn 20...

Law student...but somehow Japan is on my mind more then law...

Blue
(#12 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

04-07-2008, 06:05 PM

Let me give you a brief in my confidence levels. I have been a sound and lighting engineer for thatrical venues, I have programmed computer and video games for graphics and music/sfx. I have worked in sales and retail and managed shopping outlets. I have been a recording engineer in the days of blur, I have done lighting and sound for theaters and shows. Done live recordings of bands at venues. I have set up PA systems for large events and also done live mixes for the events. I have produced audio and images for clients and also filmed at raves and clubs. I have set up networks and designed web pages for some clients. I have worked for the worlds largest trading network, installing a great deal of copper and fibre connections. I was listed as lead Engineer for Reuters 1st level engineering support for the global network.
I have really done allot of things, but my best choice so far was deciding to travel 12 hours around our lovely planet and land in narita before coming to Tokyo.
Seriously. make the choice and follow through. I wish I had done it when I first had the idea some 20 years ago.

I have wasted allot of time and a great deal of potential.

M.Desu Ka

Super Roboto Jutsu Powah - Dynamic Servo Death Crush *NeeP*
(#13 (permalink))
Old
hennaz (Offline)
こんにちは!

04-07-2008, 06:12 PM

Do I wanna go to Japan? The answer: HELL YEAH!! I'm 16 and I've already been to Japan last year, but I seriously wanna go there again. I certainly enjoyed my experiences there, I love the food, there's plenty to see/do, I'm very interested in their culture, and my crush lives there too . I plan to go again next year, as part of a university gap year, so I can gain some cultural experience beforehand, earn some money (probably by teaching English), brush up on my knowledge of their language and kanji, and spend longer with my girl.

Hennaz ヘンナズ

(#14 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

04-07-2008, 06:36 PM

Go for it Hennnaz as it sure aint gonna come to you!

Super Roboto Jutsu Powah - Dynamic Servo Death Crush *NeeP*
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Nevik (Offline)
New to JF

04-07-2008, 06:38 PM

Awnser: Hell YES!

good thing tough is that i am going in july!
so sadly i will arive after you left.
wich is a shame, woulnd mind meeting someone there from this forum.

any reccomendations whilst in tokyo? hotel/food etc?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
roguewarrior (Offline)
New to JF

04-08-2008, 06:36 PM

this was just the thread i was looking for... odonata you are an inspiration, i will be going to tokyo in july and hope it is as wonderful as i have imagined!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-08-2008, 07:03 PM

would love to get a job there, though they don't have much jobs for me and my fiancee, so the best i can do is travel to japan once a year or so.... can't wait till next year though... one month honeymoon in japan
(#18 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-08-2008, 11:14 PM

Odonata, I really like the way how you tell people to stay in school.

"Going to Japan", like a lot of (or most) dream, needs funding, while its not too expensive, you still need to come up with the money, staying in school is probably the best advice anyone can give for people who wants to fulfill this "dream"
(#19 (permalink))
Old
sujuncai (Offline)
New to JF

04-08-2008, 11:34 PM

I've just visited Japan for the first time last month for cherry blossom viewing in Tokyo. And I say it's fantastic!

Although I've only roamed around in the Tokyo area (the furthest I went was Nikko), I was already very excited at what I saw! The cherry blossoms were sogui, and the food there was simlpy oishhiiii, and the girls are soooo kawaiiii! (pardon me, I just had to show off my little knowledge on Japanese)

Rest assure that I would come back again Japan!

@@@@ See How 3 Guys Survived Tokyo In 5 Days & 4 Nights! >>> http://3DudesInTokyo.com <<< @@@@
(#20 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-08-2008, 11:50 PM

Yes, I would like to go to Japan, but I can't afford such an expensive trip. I can barely afford (with a full time job) a trip to neighboring states.