JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Raisthlin (Offline)
JF Regular

Im leaving tomorrow! - 05-12-2008, 11:42 PM

Well the time as come. Im leaving for a one month trip to Japan tomorrow and i must say that while im still confident about my stay...im a little bit nervous knowing that ill be on my own and also because when i think about it...2 weeks ago i knew NOTHING about Japan.

It all happened really fast. I only decided to visit japan 2 weeks ago. The idea came out of nowhere...maybe because of my passion for manga and japanese food...but beside that i knew absolutely nothing about Japan. Ive used those 2 weeks to learn as much as possible about Japan as a whole and how to travel there. Ive read about 5 different 500+ pages guide about Japan, ive also spent DAYS reading this board and some others and also fell asleep on my japanese phrase guide-book but the time as finaly come and all i can do now is hope that the knowledge ive acquired will be enuff for me to get around.

Please forgive my english it isnt perfect at all yet.

You can view my BLOG which is in french, im from quebec. Even tho its written in french there will be a LOT of pictures starting may 16. Japon, tu n'as qu'à bien te tenir

Wish me luck everyone!!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-12-2008, 11:57 PM

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
05-13-2008, 12:57 AM

Wow, an entire month! I always wondered how people could manage such long trips. I've never had a job where I could take off that long, nor have I ever had a job where I could save up enough money for such a trip. lol

Either way, I hope you enjoy it. Within a month's time, you should get a lot travel time in.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
05-13-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Looking forward to seeing your pictures!
x2
Me too!

That was a really fast decision, you had 2 weeks to plan one trip to Japan, Jesus!, You should have waited a bit more. But, hey, good luck

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hiroki (Offline)
BANNED

05-13-2008, 09:30 PM

I wish you the best and when you see a temple make a small pray for all of us!^^
(#6 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

05-19-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Wow, an entire month! I always wondered how people could manage such long trips. I've never had a job where I could take off that long, nor have I ever had a job where I could save up enough money for such a trip. lol

Either way, I hope you enjoy it. Within a month's time, you should get a lot travel time in.
Stop working at Mcdonalds then and get a cool job JOKE!!!

Super Roboto Jutsu Powah - Dynamic Servo Death Crush *NeeP*
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
05-19-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata View Post
Stop working at Mcdonalds then and get a cool job JOKE!!!
The solution is to move to a country where companies offer more vacation time from the start, as opposed to having to work like 10 or 15 years to get at least five weeks a year.

I think my mother finally has a months' worth of vacation days. She's been at this place for about 15 years. My father has been at his job for almost twenty, and he still only has two weeks a year.

As for me, I've never had a job with paid vacation, sick leave, or health benefits. Hmm, job I have now, still don't and I'm an assistant teacher. ^^

Want to hear something ironic...I've never had a job at a grocery store or a fast food place. I've always had office jobs. lol