JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ikon (Offline)
New to JF

Travel from Yokosuka - 08-24-2008, 04:03 AM

Hi all. I'll be going to Japan next March and staying with a friend in Yokosuka and was wondering how long the train rides are from there to Tokyo and Yokohama. How is the nightlife in Yokohama? I want to check out the bar/club scene in both cities and it is my understanding that the trains stop running late at night and start back up in the morning, do most people just stay out all night partying and take the early train back home?

I wanna checkout the Womb in Tokyo one night, can anyone recommend any places to goto in Yokohama?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-25-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikon View Post
Hi all. I'll be going to Japan next March and staying with a friend in Yokosuka and was wondering how long the train rides are from there to Tokyo and Yokohama. How is the nightlife in Yokohama? I want to check out the bar/club scene in both cities and it is my understanding that the trains stop running late at night and start back up in the morning, do most people just stay out all night partying and take the early train back home?

I wanna checkout the Womb in Tokyo one night, can anyone recommend any places to goto in Yokohama?
20 minutes to Yokhama, and about 30 minutes to Tokyo..

Staying close tto the army base?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ikon (Offline)
New to JF

08-25-2008, 04:52 PM

Ah cool, that's not bad at all. My friend is in the Navy and is stationed there, he has an apartment off base that I'll be staying at. I'm so excited, haven't been to Japan since I was a youngin.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-25-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikon View Post
Ah cool, that's not bad at all. My friend is in the Navy and is stationed there, he has an apartment off base that I'll be staying at. I'm so excited, haven't been to Japan since I was a youngin.
Yokohama changes so mucn in the last 20 years.. you will love it... I stayed around yokosuka myself when I was a kid
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
08-25-2008, 08:25 PM

a cool club to check out is ageha in shin-kiba

but that would be past tokyo from where your coming, so a bit longer train ride. however it's very close to the shin kiba station.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ikon (Offline)
New to JF

08-25-2008, 08:50 PM

thx for the tip. found some reviews online, sounds like a fun place.