JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jeresan (Offline)
New to JF

Hotel 28 Hiroshima - 08-24-2008, 01:18 PM

Hi, I am considering staying in Hotel 28 Hiroshima.
Wonder if anyone knows if it is ok?
It seems pretty convenient and cheap.
Thanks..
(#2 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-24-2008, 02:03 PM

I didn't even realize that hotel was there. I've probably walked buy it dozens of times, though I was drunk most of them. It is on the edge of Nagarekawa which is the night life area of Hiroshima. Besides that it isn't really close to anything compared to the some other Hotels but it is still within walking distance of the major sites as any of the hotels in the city center will be.

If you are comfortable with walking about a half mile to see the major sites or taking a cab, the location is fine but certainly not the best.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
jeresan (Offline)
New to JF

08-25-2008, 01:17 AM

Wow..thanks for the info.
Shall not pick it then.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
jeresan (Offline)
New to JF

08-26-2008, 01:26 PM

Hi, was jus wondering if you have any accomodation that you would recommend and possibly within that price range of less than 10000Yen.
Thanks.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-26-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeresan View Post
Hi, was jus wondering if you have any accomodation that you would recommend and possibly within that price range of less than 10000Yen.
Thanks.
What about this one: Home

I stayed there in october, the hotel is nice and clean, only about 5-10 minutes walk from the Hiroshima station
(#6 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-27-2008, 05:59 AM

I've stayed here Sejour Fujita in August through March for work. Their daily rate is pretty good and the staff is friendly. Also, as a weekly mansion the rooms are plenty big and you have a small kitchen. Unfortunately they speak no english. It is about 10 minutes south of Dobashi street car stop and 10 minutes west of the peace park on foot. However there are fewer restraunts, and I don't recomend the hotel restaurant, in the immediate area and it is only about 5-10 minutes closer than Hotel 28 is to a street car stop or the Peace park.

In April I stayed here Comfort Hotel Hiroshima. It is acrosss the street from the Chuden-mae street car stop and 5 minutes from the Peace park. However the rooms are tiny about 8' x 7' around the bed. I think everybody I encountered at the front desk spoke enough English that I didn't have to attempt my pitiful Japanese. The location is really the best part of this place there are a variety of restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance including Nobu Creative Sushi which is across the street and is run buy an English speaking Japanese man that lived in L.A. for many years so you can get really good traditional Japanese sushi along with Americanized versions like California rolls. Comfort Hotel Hiroshima Otemachi is about a block south on Rijo-dori but I've never stayed there. Crowne Plaza ANA Hiroshima is just across Peace Boulevard.

In July I stayed at Hotel Granvia Hiroshima. It is right at your limit of $100 for a single room. It is attatched to Hiroshima station which makes it convenient for restaurants and also taking the street car once you figure out how to get from one side of the station to the other. The Rhiga Royal is another hotel in this class but it is located central to Hiroshima Castle and the Peace Park. It is about 5 minutes north of Kamiyacho-nishi street car stop on Rijo-dori.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
manners (Offline)
JF Regular

08-28-2008, 03:09 PM

I stayed in the Comfort Hotel new wing and it was good. If you want to see the Peace park etc then it is a good place for that as it is close to walk there.

Have a nice day
My Japan Blog Do your own research because this is not advice.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jeresan (Offline)
New to JF

08-29-2008, 04:42 PM

But would it be convenient to get there from the JR and from Comfort to Miyajima?
Can I ask if it's near any shopping areas such as Hondori? Or would there be a better shopping area other than what I've mentioned?
Not too sure if shopping is really something achievable in Hiroshima..
(#9 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-30-2008, 05:53 AM

Any hotel that is near a streetcar stop is convenient for getting to Hiroshima station or Miyajima. Here is a link to the streetcar map Hiroden Street Car Map. Here is a link to a page with a map of downtown Hiroshima Hiroshima Navigator. Unfortunately it isn't very clear but you should be able to get an idea of how close everything is in the city center.

You will have no problem shopping in Hiroshima. In addition to the stores on Hondori there is also an underground mall, Shareo, and several department stores and smaller shops in the area right around Hondori. There are also a couple malls and other shops out towards the port on the street car line. Even Hiroshima station has several stores to shop at.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
manners (Offline)
JF Regular

08-30-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeresan View Post
But would it be convenient to get there from the JR and from Comfort to Miyajima?
Can I ask if it's near any shopping areas such as Hondori? Or would there be a better shopping area other than what I've mentioned?
Not too sure if shopping is really something achievable in Hiroshima..
I used the trams to go to Miyajima and in the centre of town. The comfort hotel is close enough to all of that and the tram is in front of the hotel.

Have a nice day
My Japan Blog Do your own research because this is not advice.