LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kojiro (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Kojiro
Travel advice? - 09-03-2008, 05:25 PM

Hey all!

I would love to visit japan but I have no idea on how to make travel plans to such a place. How much money I should save up, where to go, what to do, items I may need. I barely have any travel experience.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-03-2008, 05:46 PM

Wow, this is like shooting in the dark

What do you like to see, how long do you have, and what is your budget? PM me, I will send you a sample itinerary
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kojiro (Offline)
JF Regular

09-04-2008, 02:30 AM

I've PMed you dude.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Seion (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Seion
09-04-2008, 02:35 AM

First of all you're going to want to save up at least 3 grand (rough estimate). Then you will want to search around for cheap flights that you can book as early as possible. How much money you want to save besides what you need for the flight is entirely dependent on what you want to do while you are there. My sensei went to Japan not to long ago to train and he said he spent 1300 on the flight and only spent 400 while he was there. All he did was train though. If you wanted to sight see and shop you would need a lot more. As far as what to bring, it would depend on your personal preference, how long you would like to stay, what is allowed, etc.

Check out this website, it's the tourist site put out by the Japanese foreign affairs dept.:

Japan National Tourist Organization

"Our world is no more permanent than a wave rising on the ocean. Whatever our struggles and triumphs, however we may suffer them, all to soon they bleed into a wash, just like watery ink on paper."
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-04-2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
Hey all!

I would love to visit japan but I have no idea on how to make travel plans to such a place. How much money I should save up, where to go, what to do, items I may need. I barely have any travel experience.
Have you gone through the Japan Travel Advice section? All your answers are there.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
uktokyoite (Offline)
JF Regular

09-04-2008, 03:21 AM

As MMM says, you need to do some reading. Start with this forum and then check out other sites online. You've been given the JNTO website which is a good one. Come back with some more specific questions and it will be easier for people to help you.

Check my Website: TokyoTopia
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Kojiro (Offline)
JF Regular

09-04-2008, 04:24 AM

Thanks a lot guys
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-04-2008, 04:28 AM

My first trip to Japan was a shot in the dark. I shopped around online for flight/hotel deals for the period that I intended to stay. I ended up booking with Expedia.com for a one-week stay. At the time, the cost was about $2000.

Between the time I booked the vacation and the time I was to leave, I bought maps and guidebooks, and learned what I could from my girlfriend about Tokyo.

I spent a little more than $100 per day while I was there, which was in addition to the $2000 for the flight and hotel. Tokyo is not a cheap place to visit.

But, I had a great time, and I returned to Japan again, and again. And now I live here.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-04-2008, 12:30 PM

3K sound like a lot to me. I spent about around that much including flight, hotel and food for a 2 week stay. And was able to cover souvenir and all the gifts for a 10 day stay......
(#10 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-04-2008, 03:14 PM

when i went there it was for 6 weeks and i brought $1k USD, but i spent it all by the 5th week lol then again, i stayed w/ a host family so it's probably good for you to bring more than that

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]