JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   If you were to visit Japan, would you go to McDonald's? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/18983-if-you-were-visit-japan-would-you-go-mcdonalds.html)

MMM 09-10-2008 04:26 AM

If you were to visit Japan, would you go to McDonald's?

I am just curious if people that want to or have visited Japan on a trip ever went to McDonald's?

Sutiiven 09-10-2008 04:29 AM

If i go i would go to a Restaurant with more traditonal style food :vsign:

mangapunkrocker 09-10-2008 04:47 AM

if i save all my money i have and go to japan i'm not going to go to some crappy mcdonalds i don't even go here....i hate mcdonalds....eww....

Nagoyankee 09-10-2008 04:52 AM

Let's face it.

With 3,800 outlets in a country the size of Montana, it's pretty difficult to avoid going into one once in a while. Tourist or resident...

samokan 09-10-2008 04:56 AM

I did actually for a a couple of reasons;

* I was a newbie at that time, and have no knowledge of Japanese food or whatsoever.
* The seniors that I was with at that time are not a fan of Japanese food and really believes that eating in McDo is much cheaper than going to a Japanese restaurant, which I found out later on that is not specifically true.

Now, if I'm with some friends from my country who still prefer to eat at Mcdo, I do accompany them, can't force them to eat the food they don't like. And sometimes when I'm craving for McFlurry ( a big fan ) . I prefer to grab a bowl of gyudon/botadon at yoshinoya :D

SSJup81 09-10-2008 05:39 AM

I don't care for McDonald's here at home, so I couldn't see myself going to a McDonald's there, unless desperate for a bite to eat or either I get in the mood for a drink like a milkshake. I'm pretty sure Japanese McDonald's have them too, based on the commercials I've seen while watching Heyx3.

Henbaka 09-10-2008 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJup81 (Post 580686)
I don't care for McDonald's here at home, so I couldn't see myself going to a McDonald's there, unless desperate for a bite to eat or either I get in the mood for a drink like a milkshake. I'm pretty sure Japanese McDonald's have them too, based on the commercials I've seen while watching Heyx3.

Sure, I went. Not sure if I would if I was here for just a week or so, though...probably not.

(tho I'm not from the US, so the question really doesn't apply as much)

MMM 09-10-2008 05:58 AM

I did when I lived there quite a bit, but not so much when I vacation there. It is a different taste, though.

Take home a wax napkin for a souvenir!

reptilesandsamurai 09-10-2008 06:55 AM

On my first trip I held out until I was at Narita waiting for the plane to leave. On my second trip I was so busy most of the time I would just grab some Mcds (even had Wendy's once). Although, on my next trip I want to try the El Torito that is in Ikebukuro.

GentlePrincessJC 09-10-2008 07:09 AM

if i was going broke i prolley would its a good way to save $$$