JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
maisonxchan (Offline)
New to JF

Angry I want to go to japan but my parents think im crazy! - 09-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Hi my name is maison ^_^ im in love with japanese culture and anime and what not. My dream this upcoming summer is to go to Toyko Japan for a week. but my parents think im crazy i try to talk to them about it and they go completely nutzo. How should i persuade them that visiting Japan would be a greater trip then going to the Carribean?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
mangapunkrocker (Offline)
Princess of ALL

09-10-2008, 09:03 PM

just sit them down with some info, pics and stuff...and calmly explain why you want to go....and what great advantages it would have....mention all the stuff they can learn and they can do....make sure to make a point that you wan to go there to learn about their culture and want to explore new things..and besides tel them that in cruises all you get to go see is the ocean and stay on land for like two hours.. (i think)

*EVIL BUT CUTE!!*
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
09-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Think about it from their point of view. I mean, it's a totally foreign land to them. They know that there will at least be people who speak English in the Carribean. Persuade them to maybe take the trip to Japan next year.

If you really want to go though, find some way to organize a translator, and a more Americanized hotel to spend the time at. Maybe not so "strange" cuisine as well? Talk to your father about all the amazing gizmos Tokyo has in store for him if he decides to go. Tell your mother all the phantasmal shops that lie in wait for her arrival. Woo them with extravagances only Japan would have. Explain to them why you have such a hankering for the land of the Rising Sun. But, I wouldn't just say "it's because I like their comics." You know?

Also, if they're just going to the Carribean for the beaches, tell them about Okinawa, and the like. Maybe you'll end up going TWO places in Japan! Here's hoping for the best. Good luck.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.

Last edited by Aota : 09-10-2008 at 09:13 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-10-2008, 11:13 PM

yeah just do some research on traveling to japan and maybe your parents will see how much you truly wanna go if you show them all your effort ;]

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]
(#5 (permalink))
Old
sailorkittehxoxo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-10-2008, 11:16 PM

Ask them to sit down and listen thoroughly
(#6 (permalink))
Old
PrincessBella (Offline)
~Owns Miku-san~

Send a message via AIM to PrincessBella
09-10-2008, 11:25 PM

Japan Rules....so thats why your parents must go...to have some awesome in their lives

.:Sweet Lolita:.

.:Love Sweet Like Candy:.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-10-2008, 11:35 PM

First, figure out why they want to go to the Caribbean. That may be a trip they`ve been looking forward to for years. If it`s been a dream of theirs for an eternity, and if you seemed to also be looking forward to it in the past - they may be hurt that you`ve suddenly decided you want to go somewhere else.
It may not have anything to do with thinking you`re crazy or with disliking Japan - I mean, just imagine if you had a trip to Japan planned and suddenly one person in your family decided they wanted to go to (insert random country) after you`d already made all the plans. I doubt you`d be too happy.

Give your parents credit - they have their own dreams and feelings. You may think Japan is "cooler", but they may not. There is no "right" answer to which country is better - it`s all opinion. No matter how you feel, they may feel the same way in regard to the Caribbean. How easy would it be to convince you that Japan wasn`t as good a trip as elsewhere?
You also have the entire rest of your life to visit anywhere you like - chances are, your parents work and can`t just drop everything to go wherever. Think of their feelings too.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-11-2008, 01:36 AM

Hmm, the Caribbean, warm weather, fresh air, sandy beaches, only the sounds of waves and sea gulls. Fresh food and fruit, blue skies....

Hmm, Japan, hot and humid weather, no beaches, frantically busy and incredibly crowded, the smell of sewage, the sounds of trucks, trains, and planes. Fresh food and fruit (at outrageous prices), cloudy and rainy skies (if you are coming in June or July).

Still, I love Japan (enough to be living here), and I think it is a wonderful place for tourists to visit. The energy and busyness of the cities, the numerous parks, temples and shrines, and the variety of shops and restaurants is wonderful.

The countryside is better, in my opinion. The mountains and valleys are quiet, beautiful, and generally free of people. I love coming across small shrines and markers in the most remote and hard-to-reach places.

The culture is unique, very appealing to visitors, and no one I know who has visited Japan on vacation has regretted the time they've spent here.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Payne222 (Offline)
un américain

09-11-2008, 01:43 AM

Write a persuasive research paper
comparing the Caribbean and Japan.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Sketchy (Offline)
Kind of a big deal

09-11-2008, 05:32 AM