JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
eunsei (Offline)
New to JF

japan: itinerary help: 14days, late mar-apr - 01-21-2009, 11:34 AM

Hi there, I am going to Japan in late March to the beginning of April and I would like some advice for a 14 day trip. I am currently living in Seoul, so it may be cheaper to take a boat to Osaka/Fukokua (it's an option, at least).

I think I want to see the cherry blossoms, historical cities like Kyoto, modern marvels for a few days, quiet coastal/countryside/village, and some mountain viewing. Does the Kansai area offer all this? What about getting away from the throngs of people and tourists? Kyushu is recommendable? I think I stay away from Hokkaido since it's too cold. Is this too much for 14 days? I'm thinking it might be.

Your advice would be much appreciated. Cheers,
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-21-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunsei View Post
Hi there, I am going to Japan in late March to the beginning of April and I would like some advice for a 14 day trip. I am currently living in Seoul, so it may be cheaper to take a boat to Osaka/Fukokua (it's an option, at least).

I think I want to see the cherry blossoms, historical cities like Kyoto, modern marvels for a few days, quiet coastal/countryside/village, and some mountain viewing. Does the Kansai area offer all this? What about getting away from the throngs of people and tourists? Kyushu is recommendable? I think I stay away from Hokkaido since it's too cold. Is this too much for 14 days? I'm thinking it might be.

Your advice would be much appreciated. Cheers,
14 days will be enough yes. And kensai does offer everything you ask for. Kyushu is a good place to start, you can probably track east from Kyshu, make stops at Miyajima, Himeji then Osaka/Kyoto/Nara.

It will be hard to "get away from the tourist", but since you are not traveling during golden week, you avoided the crowd already.

If you stay in Kensai for all 14 days, it will be a really relaxed trip. You can probably drop by Tokyo area for a few days too, definitely, don't miss Yokohama.

I am not familiar with Kyushu myself, as far as I know, there isn't much to see, lot of food and nice onsen though...
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Colin (Offline)
JF Regular

01-22-2009, 10:55 PM

I'd definitely recommend that boat option.

I mean, I've never actually taken a boat trip from Korea to Japan but it just sounds interesting lol
(#4 (permalink))
Old
uktokyoite (Offline)
JF Regular

01-23-2009, 06:57 AM

I agree with Godwine - Kansai has all of these things if you don't want to spend all your time traveling. Unfortunately, I haven't been to Kyushu either so I have no idea about that area.

If you like the mountains and nature they you should try going to the Mount Takao area to the NE of Tokyo. Takao is usually pretty busy as it is now well established on the tourist trail both for Japanese and non-Japanese but it is surrounded by other mountains that are equally beautiful.

Check my Website: TokyoTopia
(#5 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-23-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uktokyoite View Post
I agree with Godwine - Kansai has all of these things if you don't want to spend all your time traveling. Unfortunately, I haven't been to Kyushu either so I have no idea about that area.

If you like the mountains and nature they you should try going to the Mount Takao area to the NE of Tokyo. Takao is usually pretty busy as it is now well established on the tourist trail both for Japanese and non-Japanese but it is surrounded by other mountains that are equally beautiful.
My research seems to suggest that Hakata and the food stall is like the only thing to see in Kyushu, but of course, this is subjective.....

If I have 2 weeks and I am to start from Kyushu, this is what I will do:

Day 1 - Hakata
Day 2 - Miyajima/Hiroshima
Day 3 - Kobe, Himeji
Day 4-6 - Osaka, Sakai
Day 7-9 -Nara, Kyoto
Day 10 - Hakone and Mount Fuji
Day 11 - Yokohama
Day 12 - 13 - Tokyo
Day 14 - Back to Kyushu
Day 15 - Goodbye Japan

Of course, as you can see, this include Tokyo ward as well, and this itinerary is highly RUSH and TOURIST centric.

Hakone and Yokohama is nice, so its something you may want to consider. As mentioned earlier, Osaka almost have everything that Tokyo has to offer, with the exception of the Cosplay culture around Akiba/Harajuku, so if you are into that, then you best make a stop in Tokyo. Maybe you can cut Osaka to 2 days and skip Sakai. Cut Kyoto and Nara to 2 days to buy yourself more time in Tokyo

Good luck
(#6 (permalink))
Old
arky (Offline)
New to JF

01-28-2009, 03:02 PM

Nice to meet you. The beginning of April is just a season of the cherry tree in Kansai from the end in March.
However, the season of the flower becomes early by the climate of the year and becomes late.
The noted place of a famous cherry tree has "Yoshino" in Kansai. The mountain whole is covered with a cherry tree. When it was come, you should have been able to watch a good cherry tree. Himeji-jo Castle of the season of the cherry tree more will be splendid, too. And the decoy of Osaka-jo Castle does not lose, too. You can stop at A-Bomb Dome of Hiroshima and Itsukushima-jinja Shrine of Miya-jima on the way if you come to Kansai via Kyushu from Seoul.
Oh, it is ... in what do not understand what you are interested in.
In Hiroshima, an oyster is famous for the food of this season. Hiroshima yaki is famous, too.
Takoyaki / okonomiyaki is famous in Osaka. If like ramen more, is Kyushu; Hakata ramen. Hiroshima is Onomichi ramen. The name in particular is not pounding Osaka and Kyoto either, but there are many ramen shops.
Please forgive the place that is hard to read because I use an interpreter.

처음 뵙겠습니다. 칸사이에서는 3월의 마지막으로부터 4 월초는 정확히 벚꽃의 시즌입니다.
그러나 꽃의 시즌은 그 해의 기후에 의해서 빨리 되거나 늦어지거나 합니다.
칸사이에서 유명한 벚꽃의 명소는「요시노」이 있습니다. 산전체가 벚꽃으로 덮여 있습니다. 당신이 올 수 있을 때, 좋은 벚꽃을 볼 수 있으면 좋네요. 그리고벚꽃의 시즌의 히메지성도 훌륭할 것입니다. 그리고 오사카성의 벚꽃도 지고 있지 않습니다. 만약 당신이 서울로부터 큐슈 경유로 칸사이에 온다면, 당신은 도중에 히로시마의 원폭 돔과 미야지마의 이쓰쿠시마 신사에 들를 수 있습니다.
그리고, 당신이 무엇에 흥미가 있는지 모르기 때문에···.
이 시즌의 음식에서는 히로시마는 굴이 유명합니다. 히로시마 구이도 유명합니다.
오사카에서는 타코야끼·오코노미야키등이 유명합니다. 그리고 라면을 좋아하면 큐슈에서는 하카타 라면. 히로시마는 오노미치 라면. 오사카나 쿄토도 특히 이름은 붙어 있지 않습니다만 라면집이 많습니다.
번역기를 사용하고 있기 때문에 읽기 어려운 곳은 용서해 주세요.

arky@osaka大阪人で~す I'm arky from osaka

もーかりまっか  ぼちぼちでんな~
how are you ? I'm fine !!

よろしゅーたのんます!! thank you!!