JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Anemic (Offline)
New to JF

This seems to be a great Railway trip? - 01-26-2009, 09:51 AM

The Wife and I are planning at trip to Japan in April (19 - May 03).
We figured we wanted to se some of the countryside as well as the cities so I found this pre-made train package at JP.
(Japan Railways Group - From Tokyo to Kyoto, Nara and Osaka<7 Days>)

What do you guys think about it?
The plan is to stay in Tokyo about 2 or 3 days, then head out with train and after that stay in Tokoy the remaining days of the trip.

Another questin: is it hard to find a place to stay when you get there or is this something I should take care of before we head out?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-26-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemic View Post
The Wife and I are planning at trip to Japan in April (19 - May 03).
We figured we wanted to se some of the countryside as well as the cities so I found this pre-made train package at JP.
(Japan Railways Group - From Tokyo to Kyoto, Nara and Osaka<7 Days>)

What do you guys think about it?
The plan is to stay in Tokyo about 2 or 3 days, then head out with train and after that stay in Tokoy the remaining days of the trip.

Another questin: is it hard to find a place to stay when you get there or is this something I should take care of before we head out?
The best thing is to have all accomodations planned out before hand. Your trip also landed RIGHT in the busy time of Golden week. Transit will be busy as hell, you may not have a seat for your 3 hours train ride....

I am a bit concern over the duration of this trip. You have 2 weeks, but this suggested itinderary is very limited, it really only just offer you "Tourist Hot Spot", where do you plan on heading to for the rest of your trip?

Please note that none of the suggested route will give the "countryside experiences"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Anemic (Offline)
New to JF

01-26-2009, 01:49 PM

Aicaramba! Only heard horror stories about the Golden Week ; ) ALOT of people moving around, right?

Hmm, alright. I guess it might be a bad Idea then...
If you book a single ticket to Kyoto, do you get your own seat?

Well, we want some "country side" too if possible but so far we have only looked at "one day trips" from Tokyo. This is our first time to Japan so I dont really mind beeing a tourist ; ) (even tho Im learning some japanese).

The rest of the trip we planed to just stay in Tokyo and look at stuff there.

Last edited by Anemic : 01-26-2009 at 02:46 PM.