JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
TheAmazingOti (Offline)
New to JF

02-09-2009, 06:47 AM

I don't think I could possibly impose upon them. o.o

Do you think maybe some sort of special bus (hehe, special bus :P) would be there after the recording? Sort of like a complimentary service from TBS/Midoriyama Studios?

I'm thinking those odds are slim.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-09-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingOti View Post
I don't think I could possibly impose upon them. o.o

Do you think maybe some sort of special bus (hehe, special bus :P) would be there after the recording? Sort of like a complimentary service from TBS/Midoriyama Studios?

I'm thinking those odds are slim.
No idea. Obviously there will be a lot of people "stranded" so to speak, but I cannot venture a guess as to how they handle them. Travel vouchers are not unheard of, but I don't know about Sasuke contestants. Probably not...
(#53 (permalink))
Old
TheAmazingOti (Offline)
New to JF

02-09-2009, 03:39 PM

The only thing I can think of is to wait until 5 or so in the morning when the trains start back up and then go back to my hotel and sleep all day.

I don't know how well that would work, though. It looks like there's nothing out there in that area. I'd be wandering around in the dark for hours.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-09-2009, 05:30 PM

I imagine there will be many people in the same boat, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
TheAmazingOti (Offline)
New to JF

02-10-2009, 04:27 AM

I would honestly be fine wandering around for a few hours, but I don't know how my girlfriend would handle it... :/
(#56 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-10-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingOti View Post
I would honestly be fine wandering around for a few hours, but I don't know how my girlfriend would handle it... :/
Take a nap at the train station while you wait for the first train to come. You won't be the first.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
TheAmazingOti (Offline)
New to JF

02-10-2009, 04:38 AM

Hey, not a bad idea. Just bring a big sleeping bag?

We've decided we'll probably stay in the Yokohama Isezakicho Washington Hotel. It's only four dollars more in cost and its high-speed internet is complimentary, whereas the Sakuragicho Washington Hotel's was surcharge and I imagine we'd run up a large bill.

The first problem with this is that the limousine buses don't travel to the Isezakicho Washington Hotel (or the Sakuragicho Washington Hotel, for that matter), so I was wondering what we should do. I would guess ride the limousine bus as far as it'll go, then take a taxi? The buses do come pretty close, it looks like. Just not to the front door. *sigh* Gonna have to use these "leg" things.

Once we're at the hotel, it looks like it's a three or four block walk North East-ish to the Kannai Station, which, according to Wikipedia, is on the Negishi Line. This line looks like it will lead us straight to the Sakuragicho Station, from which I know the way to Midoriyama: ride through the Shin-Yokohama Station and get off at the Nagatsuta Station, then catch a cab to Midoriyama Studios.

Am I right about all that?

If so, I feel like I'm getting the hang of this. If I was way off, though, just ignore my insane dancing celebration.

Last edited by TheAmazingOti : 02-10-2009 at 05:46 PM.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-11-2009, 08:10 PM

You do need to know your stop on the limo bus, but basically, yes, that's a plan.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
TheAmazingOti (Offline)
New to JF

02-12-2009, 05:07 AM

Well, guess I'll have to consult the map, won't I?

What about my trip to Muscle Park? I imagine it's incredibly simple from the Isezakicho Washington Hotel.

Last edited by TheAmazingOti : 02-14-2009 at 04:57 AM.