JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
tokyo88 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tokyo88 Send a message via Yahoo to tokyo88 Send a message via Skype™ to tokyo88
Guest houses in Japan - 02-06-2009, 05:36 PM

if i some one want to visit Japan for sure he can't sty for a long time in a Hotel it is very expensive
what is the best place to sty

and what is the sheeper guest house that i should think to go to if i will go there
(#2 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2009, 06:06 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by guest houses- but If by a 'bed and breakfast', Im sure there are some, but are probably just as expensive as a hotel.

Your best bet is a hostel. Its like a dormitory with bunk beds and a shared bathroom. This sounds kinda lame, but it's actually a good experience.

Try the Sakura Hostel in Asakusa if you want to visit Tokyo- and I'm sure there are others which are equally as cheap and accomodating.

Hostel are usually around 2500 yen... or like $30 USD

Click here for Sakura Hostel website
(#3 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-06-2009, 06:12 PM

If you go to Japan with not enough money to even stay in a hotel for a little while, then you shouldn't go to Japan in the first place.

At least wait till you save up some cash.

You don't just decide "Hey, I'll go to Japan tomorrow." It takes a little bit of saving and planning first.

猿も木から落ちる
(#4 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2009, 07:06 PM

A Guest House is basically a facility which rents out a furnished room on a monthly basis. It's not a B&B because there's no breakfast and because these facilities can house up to 20+ units and it's not an apartment because the bathroom, living room and kitchen are shared. I guess the closest thing we have here is the upscale youth hostel with a private room.

These places start at around 50 000 yen per month but they may have a down payment or shikikin and they may have a minimum stay depending on the place. Here's a link to a selection of guest houses :
http://www.share-style.jp/
(#5 (permalink))
Old
tokyo88 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tokyo88 Send a message via Yahoo to tokyo88 Send a message via Skype™ to tokyo88
Smile Firasu - 02-08-2009, 11:55 PM

yes sure i know but if i will go to a expensive Hotel maybe i cant sty more than one weak but i want to stay more so i have to think about that

in sakura house you can stay one month just for 350yen
i saw that in their web site

and i saw www.share-style.jp thanks i will check it now