JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

02-18-2009, 10:24 AM

excellent. thanks all. i will be doing lots of shopping so if it is colder then i have planned for (i am packing VERY light) i can just buy something.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-18-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoiskinky View Post
well the museum opens at 8:30 so setting out from Osaka at about 7am would get us there for the opening. I just looked up some info on the museum and it is a huge place, especially if you include the park and surrounds.
How long do you plan to stay in Miyajima? you probably want to give yourself 2 hours to travel from Osaka to Hiroshima. So assuming you get there at 9. 2.5 hours at the museum itself, 11:30. Skip lunch, another 1.5 hour at the park, that will bring you to 1:00. Take the train to Miyajimaguchi, 30 minutes, ferry over to Miyajima (you can also take the ferry straight from Hiroshima), another 45 minutes, you won't get to Miyajima till around 2:45. I spent a good 3 hours in Miyajima when i was there, so assuming you walk fast, you will still need 2 i think. I don't know when does the last ferry depart Miyajima. MMM???
(#23 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

02-18-2009, 11:53 AM

the wiki travel page for miyajima (Miyajima travel guide - Wikitravel, for those interested) is telling me that the last ferry back to Miyajimaguchi departs at midnight which is good news. it will be nice to be there for sunset and perhaps dinner.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-18-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoiskinky View Post
the wiki travel page for miyajima (Miyajima travel guide - Wikitravel, for those interested) is telling me that the last ferry back to Miyajimaguchi departs at midnight which is good news. it will be nice to be there for sunset and perhaps dinner.
Oooh.. sunset will be nice... and staying there at night is going to be fun... i don't know whether this is the right season for the low tide, if so, you can even walk up to the Torii and take a picture under it.....

Yeah, if the last ferry departs midnight, then definitely go there..... and there is no reason for you to leave that early then...