LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sis84 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Sis84
Would like tips for my trip to Japan next summer - 03-11-2009, 01:38 PM

Greetings!
I would like to gather as much information about various things about Japan before I leave for my trip which is sometime during next August.
The trip is only for a few days, but this is my first time ever leaving home outside of the US, and I am very excited.
I have a good concept of the Japanese language, but not to the extent of pure fluency. I can read, write, speak, and email in Japanese. Hence, there are mistakes that I make at times and I don't mind being corrected.

The information that I would like to know is:

-Would I need to get any shots or vaccines before leaving?
-Due to the rising temperatures in Japan, what would be the best clothing for those really hot days?
-Since I am unsure of where I am exactly going to be in Japan, does anyone know of any inexpensive bookstores in Japan? Maybe a secondhand book store? (I love to read Japanese books by the way!)
-Has anyone with asthma visited Japan? And if so, was their asthma ever effected?

Thank You for taking the time to read my post.
Have a great day!!
じゃ、またね!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-11-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sis84 View Post
No, Japan doesn`t have any required or recommended vaccinations for visiting the country.

Quote:
-Due to the rising temperatures in Japan, what would be the best clothing for those really hot days?
Obviously it depends upon exactly where you are going to be in Japan, but I would say to stick with loose fitting airy clothing. Because of the high humidity, anything that is up against your skin is going to make things unbearable. Double and triple gauze seems to be the most comfortable in my opinion.

Quote:
-Since I am unsure of where I am exactly going to be in Japan, does anyone know of any inexpensive bookstores in Japan? Maybe a secondhand book store? (I love to read Japanese books by the way!)
There are countless used book stores in every city and a number of national chains. Finding a book store is probably going to be one of the easiest things to do in Japan. Seriously, they`re everywhere.

Quote:
-Has anyone with asthma visited Japan? And if so, was their asthma ever effected?
Sorry, can`t help you with this one.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-11-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sis84 View Post
Greetings!
I would like to gather as much information about various things about Japan before I leave for my trip which is sometime during next August.
The trip is only for a few days, but this is my first time ever leaving home outside of the US, and I am very excited.
I have a good concept of the Japanese language, but not to the extent of pure fluency. I can read, write, speak, and email in Japanese. Hence, there are mistakes that I make at times and I don't mind being corrected.

The information that I would like to know is:

Thank You for taking the time to read my post.
Have a great day!!
じゃ、またね!!
Brign your inhaler with you. Both my best friend and I had no attack during our trips (June and October), but I did have a friend (Far worse situation than any of us) who had an attack in July.. wasn't a major one but it was a hassle