JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TreSan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to TreSan
Cool Help people who are going to japan - 04-27-2009, 06:00 AM

Traveling to japan... and my friend and I always wanted to go since like we were little now im growing the balls and actually looking into this.....Im currently only 15 ill be 16 by the time we go haha but ima make it work what i had in mind was just a summer trip up there for my friend and i and if we need a guardian ill get one but i just wanted to know some info on good travel agencies and what not because im not made of money so i mean i can save up but see were not rich im sure you understand so i just need some tips on how to get started

so plz help me get started people thx love you all

Last edited by TreSan : 04-30-2009 at 02:08 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Google is the best starting point. Also check out Expedia for an idea of prices.

A Troo with a View - Travel blog, Troo style.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreSan View Post
Traveling to japan... and my friend and I always wanted to go since like we were little now im growing the balls and actually looking into this.....Im currently only 15 haha but ima make it work what i had in mind was just a summer trip up there for my friend and i and if we need a guardian ill get one but i just wanted to know some info on good travel agencies and what not because im not made of money so i mean i can save up but see were not rich im sure you understand so i just need some tips on how to get started

so plz help me get started people thx love you all
Do what Troo said, do your research first. First identify what you want to see, where you want to stay, and which City is a must. Then, decide on whether you want to be purchasing anything from there back and work your budget back. I don't recommend staying at hotels, as they get pricey. Business Hotel (Really its just an Inn or Motel you may call it) are very common and they are reasonably cheap. I am not a big fan of Hostels, but if you are ok with that stuff, then it will save you even more.

I will recommend to go toward the end of June/July, according to my uncle, thats the low season there (monsoon???) so it should be cheaper to fly there during that time.

Then you want to also look at what make sense for local transportation, for example, is the JR pass worthwhile for you??

Good luck planning
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-27-2009, 05:48 PM

It's hard to recommend a good travel agency without knowing where you live...but you don't need a travel agency to buy tickets to Japan, anyway.

I have a hard time imagining two 15 year olds traveling Japan alone. You will not be able to book hotel rooms, so I am not sure where you would stay.