JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Mikanena (Offline)
New to JF

Clothing - 07-31-2009, 07:34 AM

When I lived in Japan... i was told to come with appropriate clothing.. hence.. lots of plain clothes, modest clothes. So I did, but when I got there... BOY DO THE JAPANESE HAVE STYLE! haha. I went in the summer time... so the girls wore only skirts, shorts..dresses.. and ALLLL of them... except the mommys wore heels. The boys just had tons of style... Cool hair.. their clothing was like an american eagle/bboy/urban outfitters/r&b/rocker style.. depends on their own personal taste. Or they wore suits... haha.

But my suggestion is!!!! Just go ahead take a couple of season appropriate outfits.. then go shopping after watching the japanese teens hanging around... and copy cat them! haha. Nah.. just dress as you normally would I guess... just depends.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-31-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikanena View Post
When I lived in Japan... i was told to come with appropriate clothing.. hence.. lots of plain clothes, modest clothes. So I did, but when I got there... BOY DO THE JAPANESE HAVE STYLE! haha. I went in the summer time... so the girls wore only skirts, shorts..dresses.. and ALLLL of them... except the mommys wore heels. The boys just had tons of style... Cool hair.. their clothing was like an american eagle/bboy/urban outfitters/r&b/rocker style.. depends on their own personal taste. Or they wore suits... haha.
This was pretty much exactly what my experience was. Both in Japan and when the students come to our school. I was actually surprised at the dress for students. When we were on campus everyone was decked out in their best clothes. If you go to most campuses in the US people are wearing what they wore to bed to class.

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.