JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
threeland (Offline)
Banned

Visit Okinawa In September for 6 - 7 days - 07-27-2009, 07:05 AM

This will be my first time in Okinawa.
We are two guys and we planned to stay 6 nights. But we don't know where in Okinawa . We don't know any places or anything.
We are interested to be near shopping malls and to have night life , and of course a low price hotel with private bath in room.
Any info will be very helpful for us , and will be appreciated.

Last edited by threeland : 07-27-2009 at 07:07 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-27-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeland View Post
We are two guys and we planned to stay 6 nights. But we don't know where in Okinawa . We don't know any places or anything.
We are interested to be near shopping malls and to have night life , and of course a low price hotel with private bath in room.
Why are you choosing Okinawa...just out of curiosity? I have never been there, so I can't be much help.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
07-27-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeland View Post
my brother lived there for a few years. there's american military bases everywhere so there's a lot of english fluent japanese. it's pretty much countryside there so have you considered transportation? renting a car perhaps?

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Salvadorian (Offline)
New to JF

07-27-2009, 11:31 AM

I've been there quite a few times and yes like Jack said there is a big American military presence there. If you like beach stuff, you will enjoy there so try going snorkling. The waters are clear clean blue, but be warned...the jelly fish there can be annoying -__-"

If you want night life, I believe you can try out Naha. They have different types of clubs from Hip hop to salsa so take your pick. I really can't recall prices for hotels so not much help there, but nothing the internet can't find out for you

Hope this helped!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
07-27-2009, 11:58 AM

I guess Naha would be your best bet for nightlife and shopping arcades. There is a Hostel called Okinawa Base where a bed in a 4bed dorm is 1000yen. Its a bit away from the Mainroad but you get free intenet, washingmashine, and a free rental cycle for a few hours. Okinawa is cheaper than the mainland, if you watch what youre doing. Rental scooters go from 1500yen a day, less if you rent weekly. A rental car can start at 3000yen a day! That is if you are not in the main season (Golden week, Obon,....).

I dont know hotels with private bathrooms, sorry, but maybe someone else knows? Otherwise try to see in the lonely planet?

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-27-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Why are you choosing Okinawa...just out of curiosity? I have never been there, so I can't be much help.
Yeah, I have the same question as MMM, why Okinawa? From what I've been told, Okinawa isn't the place for great city life, it isn't any different from any of the south america resort destination, with the exception of (As other pointed out) presence of the navy.... That said, there are all kinds of attraction in the area.... A LOT of Karate Dojo there and they LOVE trainig along the beach, which is a pretty interesting view if you have never seen it before
(#7 (permalink))
Old
threeland (Offline)
Banned

08-05-2009, 08:47 AM

Thanks so much for your recommendation
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Popoff (Offline)
New to JF

08-11-2009, 06:25 PM

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so Hi to everyone.

Myself and some friends are going to Okinawa in September too. We all train in Goju Ryu which is why we are going.

Anyway we are staying at the Hyper Hotel in Naha and they have rooms with private bathrooms and TV. They are basic but good price.

Google Hyper Hotel Naha and you will see them.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
wasabijuice (Offline)
JF Regular

08-19-2009, 02:59 PM

check out the Okinawa forum

Okinawa Japan Forum - Powered by vBulletin

warning there's a lot o' military on there but they know the place well and try to have a sense of humor when reading
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Air (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
That's probably one good reason to consider visiting there. It's not really known outside of Japan and military. And if your Japanese isn't up to snuff, you can ask a drunk, belligerent Devil Dog for directions in English

Seriously, it's a great place to leave everything behind except sun and beach, if you know where and when to look. You really need motor transportation to get anywhere though.