LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

09-23-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Are you trying to open the door to moderator?

Going through all your posts clearly show you endulging in moderation. Why?
Going through your posts clearly shows you "endulging" in being JF's Quagmire. Why?

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#72 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-23-2009, 04:03 PM

(#73 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
09-23-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
. I'm sick of stupid Asian racist BS and the idiots who say I have to tolerate them when they won't tolerate me.
I'll leave this forum in the hands of asiaphiles from now on.
That sounds like an idle threat, but if not I have one parting word of advice, Tenchu. While you are avoiding Japan, be sure you avoid all Islamic and Hebrew communities. Their prohibitions on tattoos or any other permanent defacing of the skin is far stricter than that of Japan or most western countries. It might be wise to stay in your own little corner of the world.

I would be safer in the streets of Egypt without a veil than I would be without clothing covering my tats.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

09-23-2009, 05:00 PM

Sorry guys, I didn't mean for this to start any debate or anything. Saying that, I believe a round of applause is in order for MMM and everyone else. I've never seen anyone get into such a heated debate and keep their cool so well.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
dirtyroboto (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-25-2009, 12:19 AM

Onsens are not roman public baths. They have a specific reason for existing and that reason is not to clean yourself.
An Onsen is an environment to relax, unwind and take the mineral rich waters while admiring the beautiful surroundings.

I nor Japanese people that pay to enjoy an onsen want to look at your family or other images you feel attached to. That is what photo albums are for.
I am sure you would not like your local beauty spot or favorite place spoiled by something you don't like, Japanese tourists for example!

People who go to onsens will take offence at having to look at your markings, as they will detract from the experience they might have travelled many miles for.

Feel free to come to Japan, I see many tourists with tattoos. You just will never see inside an onsen unless you hire a ryokan room with private onsen.
(#76 (permalink))
Old
dirtyroboto (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-26-2009, 01:47 PM

All of these people have tattoo's and I bet they love them,

20 Tattoos You Don't Want To Get (Especially If You're A Lady) | Stupid Idiots

But would I want one of these people in my local onsen? NO!
(#77 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

09-26-2009, 04:31 PM

It's all well and good to say someone else is a dick as you watch them get shoved out the door... try fitting in those shoes, you'll understand what Western culture was supposed to be about.

We didn't work so hard to build these countries just to shove ourselves down the toilet for some stupid brainwashing anime or disgusting bukkake obsession.

It was supposed to be about equality and acceptence.

There's nothing wrong with me.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#78 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

09-26-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyroboto View Post
All of these people have tattoo's and I bet they love them,

20 Tattoos You Don't Want To Get (Especially If You're A Lady) | Stupid Idiots

But would I want one of these people in my local onsen? NO!
The last two were pretty nice imo, but im not Japanese sooooo.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
dirtyroboto (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-28-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
It's all well and good to say someone else is a dick as you watch them get shoved out the door... try fitting in those shoes, you'll understand what Western culture was supposed to be about.

We didn't work so hard to build these countries just to shove ourselves down the toilet for some stupid brainwashing anime or disgusting bukkake obsession.

It was supposed to be about equality and acceptence.

There's nothing wrong with me.
I went to school with a few kids who thought it was cool to get a swastika on their forehead and neck, where are they now?
I have walked in many shoes and yours are not special! If you have a valid reason to get marked then good for you. Otherwise you are the dick shoved out the door. In Japan you are the dick shoved out the door while me and my buddies laugh at you.

People like you don't build countries, people like you are the reason that countries fail. People like me build countries and are fricking proud of it. People like me love to live in Japan. Japan is a fricking proud country and the people are at least fricking proud enough to discriminate against people like you.
Go and show your fricking tatts to people who care. You will never get any respect here and by your attitude, anywhere on this side of the planet.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
skribbl3d (Offline)
New to JF

09-28-2009, 07:41 PM

Well its been ages since I've actually been on this forum, but when I came across this topic I simply had to say something.

First of all, I live in a middle class city in Canada with upwards of about 220,000 people. If I were to walk around the city all day, I bet ANYTHING at least 85% of people have tattoos (at least one). Why? Because tattoos are socially accepted here.

Now, I don't have any tattoos personally, I'm NOT against them, I think they can look very beautiful and very nice on some people. I don't have any because tattoos, while beautiful are too permanent for me, and I like change.

I have two friends who we'll call.. Bob & Jane, who are real, but these are not they're real names.. who are covered in tattoos. Bob literally has them everywhere, and Jane wants them everywhere.

Both of them want to go to Japan, and neither of them will listen to me when I say, "You won't be allowed in everywhere/Accepted everywhere" they simply think that I'm over reacting.

I have two friends who live in Japan, one who loves her life there, and one who hates it so much, she's actually leaving. I've never been to Japan myself (not yet). However, having two close friends who live there, I hear all about the drama they go through, as foreigners point of facet.

If you look up tattoos in Japan, on Google, or Wiki, you'll see that it does say that tattoos are generally becoming more acceptable in general society. If you look at Japanese celebrities such as ; Miyavi, Kyo & Karuo (from Dir en Grey), Namie Amuro & Lina Aishima (Adult film actress) you'll see that YES the Japanese do get tattoos.

HOWEVER.. it does NOT matter what race you are, you will not get into most Onsens, and I know of many other places such as bars & gyms that won't allow tattooed people who's tattoos are showing. It's not racism, it's culture.

Racism, is like saying "No foreigners with tattoos allowed, tattooed Japanese welcome". The Japanese saying "we don't want tattooed people in here" (wherever here may be) is not implying that you're a criminal, or that you disrespect anyone, it's to keep their business, family and friends away from unneeded strife.

If I owned a use car dealership, and someone came in with a car they bought 1 year ago and said "The breaks are starting to go, I want a new car" and I said "Sure! Why not?!" and gave the guy a new car, I'd have to do it for everyone who came in about the same problem. This is the same for the Japanese and Onsens, if they were to let you in simply because "Well I'm Caucasian, therefore can't possibly be a Yakuza!" then they'd have an uproar on they hands for every other tattooed person they denied access to their Onsen.. not just Yakuza members.

Tattoos are not seen by everyone in Japan as horrible things, that are always disrespectful, as I said earlier tattoos among Japanese celebrities are becoming more common. I have a video about Shibuya, and in the video there's a young Japanese guy, with piercings, tattoos and pink spikey hair.

It's just that, and I can't stress this enough.. Japan went through YEARS of tattoos only being accepted with Yakuza members, and it will take a very long time before Japan looks at tattoos and says "Whatever".. it may never happen.

If you're a African-American and go to a rural part of Japan, or a Caucasian female with blonde hair.. people will stare at you because some Japanese have only ever seen this on their televisions.. so if you go to Japan and have tattoos, and people stare at you, it can be one (or two) of three things ;

1) That person's never seen a tattoo on someone before;
2) That person's never seen a tattoo on a foreigner before;
and/or
3) That person doesn't like tattoos. (NOT because they think you're a criminal, it may just be a personal preference)

Anyway, I've gone on enough, and I should wrap this up, and prepare for my lashing, because I'm sure, as logical as my post is, I'm sure someone strongly disagrees with me..