JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
axel23 (Offline)
New to JF

hi everyone ! - 10-23-2009, 03:35 PM

hi my name is axel im 23 years old ,i came to this forum to have a few details about japan,i have been thinking to go there for a year and half now and never decided myself to do so,i think its time for me to take the chance before getting older .since i have visited this country in 2008 for holidays (3 weeks )
i really felt in love with the culture and the way of living,the mentality of the peoples and the respect that they give to each other ;
not long ago i realized that it is possible to get a working holiday visa for 1 year,that helped me a lot to make up my mind ,the only problem for me is that i dont know anything about the work condition ,meaning how hard is it to get a job over there? so if anyone have any advice or tips please let me know .i am really open at any suggestions or ideas.thank you very much and looking forward to have connections with someone.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Liongale (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Liongale Send a message via MSN to Liongale
10-24-2009, 07:24 AM

I can understand your view, though you might find the culture you adore a bit cold to you, since you are not a part of it- society can be very 'closed' to outsiders.

Getting a job teaching English is a popular job it seems... getting a job otherwise can be difficult. If your Japanese is fluent, some companies have uses for bi-lingual people to help them as well if the position requires it.

In other words: best to find a job where speaking English is requested.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-24-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liongale View Post
I can understand your view, though you might find the culture you adore a bit cold to you, since you are not a part of it- society can be very 'closed' to outsiders.

Getting a job teaching English is a popular job it seems... getting a job otherwise can be difficult. If your Japanese is fluent, some companies have uses for bi-lingual people to help them as well if the position requires it.

In other words: best to find a job where speaking English is requested.
I don't know where your first sentence comes from. There is really no reason for him to feel this way.

Working Holiday Visas are designed for people to work in temporary positions full or part time and experience the country of Japan, and then return home.

Many working holiday visa workers find themselves as part-time staff in hotels with the freedom to travel. Fluency in Japanese isn't a requirement if you are willing to take jobs where communication with Japanese is not needed.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

10-24-2009, 09:28 PM

You gone wow. Have fun being here~!! BTW you sound familiar