LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-10-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
There are currency exchange booths in several places, but I recommend exchanging your currency before you leave the UK.
Ditto. When I went I got mine through Lloyds TSB as it did a good rate, but shop around for your yen. The post office does a reasonable exchange usually and I know some people who got a surprisingly good deal through Marks and Spencer's.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

11-11-2009, 03:11 AM

Oh yes I did forget to mention this: even if your boarding pass will say what gate you will be departing from, that may change before you know it. I was flying from San Francisco to Reno (luckily it was a 30 minute flight) and I was to depart from, if I remember correctly, gate 67B. While I was waiting I noticed the announcer speaking into the mic a few times (I was listening to my ipod). I then turned it off & he was announcing my name! The plane went to another gate & I had to dash over there to get it! Luckily I made it...but if it was an international flight that I has to catch i would have been furious! So watch the departure screens as often as you can.

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

11-11-2009, 10:37 PM

Good Luck of course <3 That's all I can say since everyone has covered everything and I know nothing more of the topic
(#14 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

11-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Wow thanks everyone, you were all very helpful! Too many helpful answers to quote in my reply! If I think of anything else I'll pop back here to ask anything.

Oh, My plane is going via Helsinki so when I swap planes will I have to go collect my luggage and go put it on the next plane or is it a direct transfer?

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
11-12-2009, 03:59 PM

I will talk to you over messenger dude. I will say this bring some headphones and Ipod or something music makes the difference on long flights.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

11-12-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Wow thanks everyone, you were all very helpful! Too many helpful answers to quote in my reply! If I think of anything else I'll pop back here to ask anything.

Oh, My plane is going via Helsinki so when I swap planes will I have to go collect my luggage and go put it on the next plane or is it a direct transfer?
Depends on the flight but it should be a direct transfer. Check the information you got with your ticket; it should say. Who are you flying with?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

11-12-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
As far as I know the luggage should be transfered to your plane. & I strongly advise using specific decorations on your luggage (i.e. unique luggage tag, stickers, ribbon). Too many times people have trouble indentifying their own luggage. Black luggage is very common. When I went to Nevada, my luggage was on the flight right before mine. Along with the print out of my destination on my luggage (given to you when you check in your bag), I had a red Sephora ribbon on the handle & was able to easily identify it at the airline office.

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#18 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

11-12-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
Depends on the flight but it should be a direct transfer. Check the information you got with your ticket; it should say. Who are you flying with?
Yes it is a direct transfer. I'm flying with Finnair (Manchester > Helsinki > Tokyo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihiino View Post
I strongly advise using specific decorations on your luggage
That is such a good idea! Thanks for that! My suitcase is black too lol. I'll no doubt have more worries along the way so I'll be back! Just hope the mods don't close this thread so I can read it again before I set off!

Thanks again to everyone!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

11-13-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Yes it is a direct transfer. I'm flying with Finnair (Manchester > Helsinki > Tokyo).

That is such a good idea! Thanks for that! My suitcase is black too lol. I'll no doubt have more worries along the way so I'll be back! Just hope the mods don't close this thread so I can read it again before I set off!

Thanks again to everyone!
Yep, you won't need to worry about picking up your luggage unless something goes awry and then you should be told if you need to fetch it or not.

My mum marks hers with strips of coloured electrical tape. It's bright and easy to spot and it's unlikely anyone else will have the same. Plus it peels right off afterwards!