JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

In 2 weeks time.. - 12-04-2009, 11:47 AM

I'll be in Japan and if i am based in Osaka,Will Ise and Mt Koya be good day trips still?considering how far it is

Cheers,Wagamama
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

12-04-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagamama View Post
I'll be in Japan and if i am based in Osaka,Will Ise and Mt Koya be good day trips still?considering how far it is

Cheers,Wagamama
Koya you can probably make a day trip, Ise is a bit far??

In both cases, I think its best if you spend a night there... maybe go to Koya, stay there for a night, then the next morning tavel to Ise, stay for a night and back to Osaka the next day???
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

12-04-2009, 12:57 PM

thanks for the immediate reply =),in my situation i can't arrange my lodging to be otherwise because i have booked myself in a Youth Hostel,So koya still worth going?i am going for 3 weeks btw
(#4 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

12-04-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagamama View Post
thanks for the immediate reply =),in my situation i can't arrange my lodging to be otherwise because i have booked myself in a Youth Hostel,So koya still worth going?i am going for 3 weeks btw
Yeah, Koya is worth going..

are you staying in Osaka all 3 weeks? there isn't much to see (not day trips anyways) around Osaka to last you 3 weeks
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

12-06-2009, 12:44 PM

Nah i am staying in Osaka for 10 days than i'll be staying in Kyoto for another 10 days
(#6 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

12-07-2009, 01:44 AM

What will you be doing in these 2 places? The most I spent was 4 days in Osaka, and i ran out of things to do after the 3rd. Kyoto was pretty much the same deal, including Nara (full day), and completing the course at Fushimi Inari, it last me about 4 days in 2007

I just came back from a 22 days honeymoon, i visited the following cities in the 22 days

Hakata
Miyajima
Hiroshima
Kobe
Osaka
Nara
Kyoto
Hakone
Yokohama and Shink Yokohama
Tokyo (Includes these districts: Akihabara, Ueno, Asakusa, Nishi Asakusa, Harajuku, Shijuku, Ginza, Ikebukura, Omiya)
Nasu
Nikko
Kinugawa

Our trip includes a lot of train ride, it wasn't exactly "hectic", but a bit of a rush.

With 20 days, you can cover a lot more than just Osaka and Kyoto... just a thought...
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-07-2009, 02:44 AM

10 days in either city is pretty long. Nara and Kobe are close to Osaka, and are worth checking out.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-07-2009, 03:07 AM

I echo MMM's Nara recommendation.. I spent most of my time working in all parts of Nara.

I only really ventured into the nightlife parts of Osaka so cannot really vouch either way.

Never went to Kobe either, although used to buy a hell of a lot of groceries from a foreign buyers Kobe based online supermamarket.. I believe Rokko Island is an interesting foreign orientated sort of place..

Have a good time which ever direction you head..

Cheers - Oz