JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KittyCat (Offline)
New to JF

Good Areas and Bad Areas - 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM

I am stopping over in Tokyo for about 5 days in between flights.

Are there any dangerous areas to avoid, and what are the best areas to stay in? I would like a hotel quite close to the airport if that's possible, can anyone recommend any? Thank you for your help, I'll be browsing the forum for more advice :-)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-19-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
I am stopping over in Tokyo for about 5 days in between flights.

Are there any dangerous areas to avoid, and what are the best areas to stay in? I would like a hotel quite close to the airport if that's possible, can anyone recommend any? Thank you for your help, I'll be browsing the forum for more advice :-)
You actually don't want a hotel close to the airport because the airport is not near Tokyo.

I would recommend somewhere on the Yamanote Loop line, that is the train line that circles central Tokyo. I like Ueno, and Ebisu is nice too, from what I remember. Shinjuku is loud and can be expensive.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

01-20-2010, 02:45 AM

Whenever I visit Tokyo I stay in Akasuka, it's a bit more relaxed than some of the other areas. I recommend the Blue Wave Inn if you're okay with a regular Western-style hotel - about this time last year, I got a nice room there for ¥6000 a night, which is a steal as far as hotels go in Japan, especially Tokyo.

As far as bad areas, there aren't really outright "dangerous" areas of Tokyo, but there are some seedy areas I wouldn't recommend walking around alone at night if you're female - Kabukicho and Roppongi being among them.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#4 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

01-25-2010, 10:21 AM

i have to mirror MMM's suggestion. I stayed in Ueno and thought it was fantastic. The place I stayed in was standard small business hotel, but the staff were very friendly and the price was great. If you book online a single room is 5,800yen.

http://www.izuhotel.co.jp/
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ChameleonSaint (Offline)
New to JF

01-26-2010, 06:58 AM

I stay in Ikebukuro when I go to Tokyo which is also on the Yamanote line. I stay at the Hotel Metropolitan as there is a bus that goes straight from the airport to the front door.
I find it very central - most places on the Yamanote line will be easy for you to get around.
I also agree Ueno is a lovely place.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Webfehler (Offline)
New to JF

01-26-2010, 10:51 AM

I would recommend Asakusa - it's a nice, quiet and cheap region. And it's easy to get there, basically almost every Subway line drives there and it,s about an hour and 20 minutes from the airport. (Furthermore it has got a few nice touristic attractions like the beautiful Asakusa Kannon temple)
Pls don't try to stay as near as possible to the airport, because a.) the train/subway system is so well organized that you'll have no problems to get to any place you want to and b.) you really would miss a great opportunity to see more of that fantastic country! it's awesome! ;D
I did stay at one of these backpacker hostels, it was called Khaosan Asakusa Annex. Good place to stay! Nice place, friendly people, low prices and you meet a lot of people which can help you when you;ve got questions. Khaosan Tokyo Guest House Hostel :: Original ::

And noo, no worries, Tokyo is definitely not a dangerous place to stay. I spend whole nights on Tokyos streets and nothing ever happend.

Don't think about Draco's ass when you can't have it

Last edited by Webfehler : 01-26-2010 at 10:56 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

01-26-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post
ropponggi is a good area
lol Most Tokyoites would diagree with that. All we hear from there is bad news.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ilsa (Offline)
New to JF

01-26-2010, 02:46 PM

I stayed this at hotel in Asakusa
Tokyo Weekly Hotel provides the best, most affordable, rooms in Tokyo
clean and good price
(#9 (permalink))
Old
newhouse (Offline)
New to JF

Hanoi Real Estate agency - Newhouse prorerty co.,ltd - 01-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Dear future clients and friends !

“ Newhouse Real Estate Co.,Ltd ” specializing in helping foreign community with Hanoi Real Estate for Rent. We are renting : Apartments ( serviced & un-serviced ), Houses, Villas and Offices with all kind of rentals at any budgets for short or long term rent so we will satisfy all of your needs of renting the properties in Hanoi capital, Vietnam with our services :

* Free tour of housing and commission for Tenants.
* Negotiations with Landlord( the price, discounts, terms of payment, etc) .
* Contract for you & owner of property for review & revision before the signing .
* Supports of after-rent services
* 24/24 hour working days, 07 days a week.
Please tell us your need and contact us now to find the right home !

Thanks you & Best regards
=======================
Newhouse Real Estate Co., Ltd
Head Office : Room14, CT5 Building ,My Dinh2, Tu Liem, Ha Noi
Mr Thuong ( 裴志獎 ): 0979.512.499 or 043.785.6453( Chinese and english speaking )
Email: real@newhouse.vn

If you want to know more Apartments( serviced & un-serviced) , Houses, Villas and offices available in Hanoi, Please do not hesitate to contact us by email or call me at any time.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
dirtyroboto (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-01-2010, 04:00 PM

Following on the Ueno tip, stay in Nezu/Sendagi. Good prices convinient location and sweet area.
Don't hotel unless you got $$ rather go for a gaijin house in that area for about 60-80K yen per month