JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kalcia (Offline)
New to JF

Miyako Odori - 01-24-2010, 12:25 PM

I plan on going to see Miyako Odori in April. On their website they say that reservations are made only by fax or telephone.
I don't have a fax and I don't trust post office to send one (plus if the send back some confirmation I might not recieve it).
So my question is, if anyone know how easy is it to reserve tickets through telephone, while only speaking english? ^^; I don't want to try my japanese, as it is rather basic ^^;
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-24-2010, 12:37 PM

I can`t give you direct advice on reservations, but if you`re going to be staying in a hotel - why not do the reservation through the hotel?
We have been to multiple events around Japan, and have always asked the hotel to make the arrangements when making the room reservation. Even the bottom of the line business hotels will make arrangements for that sort of thing for you. Some will even add the price of the reservations/tickets/etc into the full cost of your stay.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kalcia (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2010, 03:56 PM

Thanks for advice I'll try that ^^
(#4 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-25-2010, 01:57 AM

Usually you can get tickets at the door. I went and bought some easy. Buy the expensive ones if you want a seat and not sit on the floor.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kalcia (Offline)
New to JF

01-25-2010, 10:42 AM

I asked my hostel if they are able to reserve tickets for me. They replied that theatre allows only big hotels to reserve the tickets
I'll be in Kyoto for only 4 days and I'm afraid they might have all the good tickets sold out. I'd want the more expensive ones
Maybe just in case, I should look for someone speaking Japanese fluently here in Poland and see if they can make reservation for me ^^;;;;
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

01-25-2010, 11:05 AM

If they have a website in English, which they do, I would assume you could make your reservations in English?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
kalcia (Offline)
New to JF

01-25-2010, 05:17 PM

One would assume, but often I find that even if there is website in english, staff is very poor at comunicating in this language
I might try calling them and TRY making reservation in english, if that fails, I'll have to find someone to help ^^;;;
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

01-27-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalcia View Post
One would assume, but often I find that even if there is website in english, staff is very poor at comunicating in this language
I might try calling them and TRY making reservation in english, if that fails, I'll have to find someone to help ^^;;;
Here's a post from another website by someone who was in a similar situation in 2008 as you are now.

"Ok I just got my tickets last night after going through a somewhat similar ordeal. Here's what I did:
Call the theater directly. You have to dial 011 81 before the number listed on the website. Make sure you call when the theater is open. I assume it closes between 4 and 5, as this was when I tried unsuccessfully to reserve tickets last time I called.

Ask to speak to someone who speaks English. It might take a moment for them to find someone, it did with me. They will ask you what dates you would like, what times, and what type of tickets. In my case only the showing I wanted to see was sold out, but it seems there are more than what is listed on the site, because I was offered a "6:30" option, from what is sounded like.

If you are flexible with the dates, ask if they have any available around that day, or consider moving up to first class. It isn't much more, and there are more tickets left.

The phone call will probably cost you a little, because it's international, but you need to actually speak to someone to find out if there are tickets or not. That's probably going to be your best option."
(#9 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
01-27-2010, 04:31 PM

wow.. never heard about this event before=
according to the webpage, it will be held from 1st April until 30th April..
the cheapest ticket we can get is around 2000 yen but we must apply for it now? I wonder if we can buy the ticket during the event...

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#10 (permalink))
Old
kalcia (Offline)
New to JF

01-27-2010, 06:09 PM

From what I know, you can buy ticket during the day, of course if there are any tickets left
That's why I planned to book ticket in advance.

Sashimister, thanks so much for that info! It's very usefull I'll def try calling them now.