JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Eilliem (Offline)
New to JF

Christmas trip to Japan - 03-14-2007, 04:48 AM

My friends and I are planning a trip to Japan for Christmas break, so about two weeks in Japan. We are having a hard time finding the cost for plane tickets; by the way we plan to start off from Orlando, Florida. We are also having trouble finding hotel costs and transportation costs. Also I have heard about other countries around the world that look down on Americans because of their jackass president, does this hold true for Japan? We have all agreed that we want to go to Tokyo, and we are not doing any kind of tours.

Last edited by Eilliem : 03-14-2007 at 05:03 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-14-2007, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilliem View Post
Also I have heard about other countries around the world that look down on Americans because of their jackass president, does this hold true for Japan?
Certainly not, there may be some people (if not allot) who disagree with our presidents Ideals (myself included) but is not as if they will look down on you or shun you because you are American. When I was over in Japan last year not one person do or say anything to or about me. Japanese pretty much keep to them selfs, and are not as open to talk about politics as Americans seem to be. (one of the reasons i want to return soon!! lol)

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#3 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-14-2007, 05:12 AM

to look for hotels and places to visit , as well as type of train tickets that can be use around tokyo or all over japan -> www. japan-guide.com

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-14-2007, 09:58 AM

I personally recommend IACE for plane tickets. They`ve always been the lowest when I`ve bought tickets for myself and my family. They generally have price lists up for departures from different cities...
But if you`re planning on a trip in December, I doubt you`ll be able to find any reliable information on the cost of a ticket. Usually they only sell them a few months in advance.

I don`t think anyone would look down on you, unless you`re running around on street corners screaming that Bush is king of the world, etc. But even then, they`d look at you as if you were insane... So I doubt you`d be looked down on.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Pachipro (Offline)
JF Regular

03-14-2007, 02:45 PM

I second Nyororin's advice about IACE for plane tickets as we always buy ours from them and they do have the cheapest fares even after we have shopped around. Be warned though, prices for airfare to Japan are usually 1/3 to 1/2 more at Christmas time than at other times of the year. For example a typical fare during the last two weeks of December will usually run about US$1,100 or more, whereas if you go in February or March the price will be around US$700-850 or there abouts for round-trip airfare.

Good luck and have fun!

Do What You Love And You'll NEVER Work Another Day In Your Life.

For blogs on my experiences of living in Japan please visit www.sushicam.com and click on "Pachipro"
(#6 (permalink))
Old
hornet18 (Offline)
New to JF

Map japan - 04-15-2007, 04:30 AM

MAP to JAPAN

hyo\ we like