JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   From Osaka to Kyoto at 9PM??? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/30361-osaka-kyoto-9pm.html)

jesselt 02-10-2010 06:11 PM

From Osaka to Kyoto at 9PM???

Hello!

Unfortunately I've just come to the realization that my flight to Osaka lands at about 9PM, but the hotel I'm staying in for the entire vacation is in Kyoto. Does the JR stop running at 9PM like everything else? Is it possible to get to Kyoto the night I arrive or will I have to find another hotel in Osaka to stay until morning?

Thank you for your help.

SSJup81 02-10-2010 06:13 PM

I could be wrong, but I thought the JR trains stopped after midnight.

Columbine 02-10-2010 06:21 PM

I think the metro runs until at least 11pm. If not, you can probably get a bus from the airport to Kyoto. There should be late-night flyer buses.

jesselt 02-10-2010 08:03 PM

Although I cannot find anywhere what time the last train leaves (The official JR website is down right now?) I did find buses that go from the airport to Kyoto station! I now have another question though; Do hotels in Japan have a receptionist at the front desk all night long like hotels in the states? We probably wont get there until around midnight, so it would be nice to be able to check in :)

MMM 02-10-2010 08:14 PM

There is a bus that leaves Kansai Airport at 9:45 that arrives at Kyoto station at 11:30.

kyoto sta.

Columbine 02-10-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesselt (Post 799489)
; Do hotels in Japan have a receptionist at the front desk all night long like hotels in the states? We probably wont get there until around midnight, so it would be nice to be able to check in :)

If you can, it might be best to tell your hotel how late you are arriving. They may be able to sort out a late check-in for you, even if reception has nominally shut.

Sashimister 02-11-2010 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesselt (Post 799470)
Hello!

Unfortunately I've just come to the realization that my flight to Osaka lands at about 9PM, but the hotel I'm staying in for the entire vacation is in Kyoto. Does the JR stop running at 9PM like everything else? Is it possible to get to Kyoto the night I arrive or will I have to find another hotel in Osaka to stay until morning?

Thank you for your help.

No problem whatsoever. Wonder who's spreading the rumor that JR stops running around 9 pm.

If you miss the last bus that MMM mentioned, you can still take the train for Kyoto. The last train leaves Kansai Int'l at 23:34.

jesselt 02-11-2010 08:32 AM

Thanks for all of your help, everyone!

alexlovesrock 02-11-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesselt (Post 799470)
Hello!

Thank you for your help.

yeah just bust out a bus or the train near 11ish... youll be fine... at the airport enough people speak english

have fun!!!

MMM 02-11-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexlovesrock (Post 799573)
yeah just bust out a bus or the train near 11ish... youll be fine... at the airport enough people speak english

have fun!!!

As I have said before and will say again...never count on a stranger's English to get you where you need to go in Japan.