JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
amaranth (Offline)
New to JF

Cool places in tokyo? - 03-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Hello everyone its nice to see you again.
Does anyone know of some cool museum like studio ghibli or something that I could visit? I know those require reserved tickets but maybe some suggestions of things that maybe relate alot to the pop culture of japan too and is family friendly. something unique.because few things we planned have to do with that over the next two weeks.someone also suggested to me the sanrio amusement park for example which is a theme park about hello kitty. also there will be about 6 of us going so maybe something not too costly (some huge thempark like disney sea is otq for example )

(We're already planning to go to harajuku,shinjuku, and roppongi)

Thank you guys for the help.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-13-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaranth View Post
Hello everyone its nice to see you again.
Does anyone know of some cool museum like studio ghibli or something that I could visit? I know those require reserved tickets but maybe some suggestions of things that maybe relate alot to the pop culture of japan too and is family friendly. something unique.because few things we planned have to do with that over the next two weeks.someone also suggested to me the sanrio amusement park for example which is a theme park about hello kitty. also there will be about 6 of us going so maybe something not too costly (some huge thempark like disney sea is otq for example )

(We're already planning to go to harajuku,shinjuku, and roppongi)

Thank you guys for the help.
CAn we get more information? What are the ages of this party's members? Are you spending 2 weeks in Tokyo only?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2010, 10:41 PM

If you have kids with you why not try one of the dessert buffet places like Sweet's Paradise? 90 min of all you can eat sugar for one price, they have savory items too if anyone just wants lunch and a little dessert while the kids go wild.

SWEETS PARADISE

There are locations all over Tokyo.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
03-17-2010, 03:20 PM

japans not all about hello kitty and anime now lol, but if your already going to Shinjuku, Harajuku, and Roppongi.

Why not just visit the sega arcade and check out shinjuku at night, its beautiful.

If your in Harajuku, check out the yoyogi Temple while your there, its literally right behind the JR.

and while your in Roppongi check out Tokyo Tower and Tokyo Midtown and Roppongi Hills.
if you have kids with you try to stray away from the club/bar area.

You dont have to spend much money to enjoy Tokyo if your just sight seeing.

Tokyo Dome is a nice cheap lil amusement park.

Lots of temples and shrines to visit, you might wana check out Shibuya and Omotosando while your in the area, they are both fairly close to Harajuku.

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan