LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
junbolala (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewarHolmes View Post
I don't think so. That's in Kyoto, right? It had just a few of...something, I believe, but it was mostly a kind of creepy, woodsy looking place. If I recall correctly, I think I originally saw it on Japanguide.com while searching for interesting areas. Thanks for the suggestion.
Maybe it's Okkoto shrine in Fujimi town,Nagano prefecture.
Fujimi, Nagano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the town,Miyazaki has a cottage.
Eboshi,Okkoto,Koroku,Kouroku are named after the place names in the town.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
DewarHolmes (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to DewarHolmes
06-11-2010, 01:00 PM

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I may add Fujimi to the list. ...However, I don't think that's the place I saw before. The place I'm thinking of may be Yakushima-it looks very similar-but I remember a specific picture that I haven't seen since. The details are vague, but I feel like I'd know it if I saw it. ...Then again, maybe not. :P
Thanks, everyone for your help!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Mike795 (Offline)
New to JF

06-15-2010, 06:05 PM

One of the places Miyazaki repotedly based Spirited Away on was the Edo-Tokyo Openair Architectural Museum:

http://www.tatemonoen.jp/

They don't seem to have an English website - but I'm sure if you google you will find plenty of information about it. It's in Koganei park, a little bit out of central Tokyo, but not hard to get to. It's a very interesting museum anyway - lots of old buildings have been moved from other parts of Tokyo, and rebuilt there in the park.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
DewarHolmes (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to DewarHolmes
06-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike795 View Post
One of the places Miyazaki repotedly based Spirited Away on was the Edo-Tokyo Openair Architectural Museum:

http://www.tatemonoen.jp/

They don't seem to have an English website - but I'm sure if you google you will find plenty of information about it. It's in Koganei park, a little bit out of central Tokyo, but not hard to get to. It's a very interesting museum anyway - lots of old buildings have been moved from other parts of Tokyo, and rebuilt there in the park.
Thanks for that. I'd heard of the park, but I didn't realize that buildings were moved there and rebuilt. That's pretty cool. I love places like that...they seem like they shouldn't still exist, but they do. It's kind of creepy. There's an old park near me that has the same kind of feel: About Glen Echo Park
Unfortunately, they've been fixing it up and modernizing it a little, so it's lost a little of it's "ghostly" charm.