JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kikichiki (Offline)
New to JF

Lightbulb Place to Stay In Shinjuku? - 06-04-2010, 06:03 PM

Does anyone know of a great place to stay in Shinjuku that would meet my budget needs? I am hoping to spend the least amount as possible per night for a private room to share with my boyfriend. Less than $50 per night would be great. Hostel is fine but we don't want to sleep in a dorm, we want to sleep together in our own room. And we would like for it to be in Shinjuku.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikichiki View Post
Does anyone know of a great place to stay in Shinjuku that would meet my budget needs? I am hoping to spend the least amount as possible per night for a private room to share with my boyfriend. Less than $50 per night would be great. Hostel is fine but we don't want to sleep in a dorm, we want to sleep together in our own room. And we would like for it to be in Shinjuku.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
You are looking for a super cheap place in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the world. Does it have to be Shinjuku, considering you are literally minutes away from cheaper areas? Considering most hotels charge by the person, and not by the room, this will be a tough order to fill.

When are you going to Japan?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kikichiki (Offline)
New to JF

06-04-2010, 07:27 PM

I am going this year in September so I will be in Tokyo from the 19th to somewhere around the 23rd I think. Not sure how many nights exactly we're going to stay.

The reason we want to find a place in Shinjuku is that we're meeting up with a relative that lives in Japan who will be in Tokyo during that time for a Yoga convention which is happening in Shinjuku district. So that relative asked us to help try to find something near there so that it's easier and plus because it's a great area to explore on your first visit to Tokyo.

If we can't find anything in Shinjuku we already know of lots of other options for cheap place, like the Tokyo Ninja - $30 per night per person for a private room.

However, on that token if you know of a place that is for example right next to Shinjuku if I can't find anything IN Shinjuku I would really like to know about it! Because I am not familiar with the way all the districts in Tokyo are laid out, I don't know which districts are bordering on Shinjuku - so actually if you can just tell me that it would help a lot too.

Thank you!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-04-2010, 08:48 PM

This might help. It might be cheaper to stay in Yoyogi or Shin-Okubo, and they are practically walking distance to Shinjuku.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-Yamanote.png
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kikichiki (Offline)
New to JF

06-04-2010, 09:52 PM

Awesome, thanks, M!

I have been looking so hard but I think we might end up staying in Asakusa. ;-;

But I will keep looking! We still have some time to spare before booking.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikichiki View Post
Awesome, thanks, M!

I have been looking so hard but I think we might end up staying in Asakusa. ;-;

But I will keep looking! We still have some time to spare before booking.
I just spent a few nights in Asakusa a couple months ago. Real nice, lots to see and eat.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-05-2010, 01:57 PM

Cheapest hotel in Shinjuku would probably be

Shinjuku New City Hotel
4-31-1 Nishishinjuku Shinjuku
Tokyo, 160-0023 JP
Tokyo: Shinjuku

But that will run you $70-$80 a night, might want to look into travelocity.com and see about bundling your flight and hotel and play with some options.

I used them (travelocity) for my trip and everything was perfect.