JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AndroidGirl (Offline)
New to JF

Trip to Japan in 2011 and I have some questions - 09-21-2010, 10:17 PM

I'm going to Japan for spring break and I just have a few things I want to ask. We're going to be staying in Tokyo.

1. What are some good places to visit? I heard that the Edo-Tokyo Museum and Nikko were some places to check out.

2. How can we get around in Tokyo? Is it mostly by train?

3. Me and my cousin are huge anime and technology freaks so where can we go?

4. What is the best part of Tokyo to stay in? Like the district.

5. Where can we find like teenage stores or like a mall?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-21-2010, 10:49 PM

1. What are some good places to visit? I heard that the Edo-Tokyo Museum and Nikko were some places to check out.

It really depends on what you are interested in. There are literally hundreds, maybe thousands of websites and blogs addressing this question. If you like looking at old and historical pieces, sure. And Nikko is not in Tokyo, but is a resort a few hours away.

Yes. Have you done any research at all?

Have you heard of Akihabara?

It just depends on what you are looking for. Loud and active? Quiet and off the beaten path?

There are hundreds of them. Everywhere.

Just to make sure, you are over the age of 18 or will have an adult chaperone, right?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AndroidGirl (Offline)
New to JF

09-22-2010, 02:07 AM

Yes. I've done a lot of research but I was just making sure. And as for places to stay, I wanted to be near like the heart of everything. Or somewhere that we can get wherever we want easily, you know? Also, why do you have to be 18 to go to a store?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-22-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidGirl View Post
Yes. I've done a lot of research but I was just making sure. And as for places to stay, I wanted to be near like the heart of everything. Or somewhere that we can get wherever we want easily, you know? Also, why do you have to be 18 to go to a store?
Sorry, your questions seems very fundamental. I will be honest, there are hundreds of threads in theses forums answering these very questions. The more detailed and specific questions you can ask, the better answers you will get.

In Tokyo, there is no "heart of everything". The heart is a circle that is about 20 train stations on the Yamanote line. If you are into shopping and technology, then anywhere around that line will be good. (You can find tons of sites with maps and advice).

You don't need to be 18 to go into a store. You do need to be 18 to book and stay in a hotel room, though.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

10-03-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidGirl View Post
I'm going to Japan for spring break and I just have a few things I want to ask. We're going to be staying in Tokyo.

I went to Tokyo in March..and i enjoyed visiting places like Asakusa- there was this awesome big temple,
Shibuya..in Shibuya you can visit Shibuya 109...it is a mall for women..i think there were 8 floors of women clothes.really awesome.I got myself some great outfits
Akihabara- there were a lot of anime and manga shops.
Harajuku- must go..really crazy:P so so many stores..as for me i went to idol stores..bought bunch of Arashi stuff.:P(johnnys boys xD)
Ueno- i really liked ueno zoo..^^..also in ueno are really good stores.i found this good jeans store..i think it was called jeansmate24... i got really cute jeans from that store.
i must say that i enjoyed going to 100 yen shop in chofu..it was really cheap there:P
if i think of anything ill add.^^

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus