JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
diru1 (Offline)
New to JF

Going to tokyo next autumn (advice needed please) - 11-12-2010, 01:52 AM

Hi, I will hopefully be going to tokyo next year around end of september or october for 2 weeks with a friend.

I plan to stay in the shinjuku district, flight plus hotel for 2 weeks is looking to cost me around £1200 which I plan to book in the next few months, I have tried to find an alternative to a hotel that offers an ensuite for two people (twin room) but havn't been successful but if anybody knows of any please let me know.

Ive been doing alot of research and my biggest concern is spending money, I won't be leaving tokyo, what I mainly want to do is go around various districts, do a little bit of shopping, I don't want to spend alot on meals just basic/average on average meals although I do want to check out some of the crazy themed restaurants ive heard about such as 'alcatraz ER', check out nightlife/clubs, visit harajuku, arcades, maybe disneysea, sony building etc

I want to visit districts such as Shibuya, shinjuku, ginza etc

Can anybody give me a rough estimate/idea how much is needed because so far ive got random figures, everyone saying different things. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-12-2010, 01:55 AM

What do you mean by alternative to a hotel with two twin beds?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
diru1 (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2010, 01:58 AM

Basically anything like a hotel i.e. private hostel rooms but they don't offer an ensuite, and because I am going with my male friend, we need two beds. Many places offer double beds.

But I don't mind paying the £1200 to be comfortable. It's spending money im more concerned with as I will need to save up if it's a lot more than expected.

Last edited by diru1 : 11-12-2010 at 02:05 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-12-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diru1 View Post
Basically anything like a hotel i.e. private hostel rooms but they don't offer an ensuite, and because I am going with my male friend, we need two beds. Many places offer double beds.

But I don't mind paying the £1200 to be comfortable. It's spending money im more concerned with as I will need to save up if it's a lot more than expected.
What is an "ensuite"? Never heard that word before.

There are lots of hotels with two beds, you just need to look at what is in your price range.

SHINJUKU WASHINGTON HOTEL, Tokyo
(#5 (permalink))
Old
diru1 (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2010, 01:50 PM

Thank you, I have the hotel covered...

How about as far as spending money?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
11-12-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
What is an "ensuite"? Never heard that word before.

There are lots of hotels with two beds, you just need to look at what is in your price range.

SHINJUKU WASHINGTON HOTEL, Tokyo
ensuite means with your own bathroom in your room, not shared with the other people like in a hostel. How would you call that?

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)