JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
HikoSeijuro (Offline)
New to JF

Osaka & Kyoto Advice? Going Dec. 29th-10 to Jan. 07-11 - 11-22-2010, 12:01 AM

Hi everyone,

I know a lot of people have either been to Japan or live there so I am hoping for some advice. I am staying in Osaka Dec. 29th 2010 until Jan. 07th 2011.

I will be in the Dotonbori area and plan on spending a lot of nights checking out the night life there while doing day trips to Kyoto and Nara. I think it will be fun to hit some electronica clubs up and some hip hop clubs at night and sure i've seen club juoule and pure and a few others but wondering if anyone had an actual experience they could relay.

Also, im pretty stuck on what to do for New Years Eve...I think I want to spend it in a club and hit a shrine on the New Years day since everything will be closed anyway rather than do a Shrine on the Eve and a Shrine during the day. So if you want to just argue that I'm in Japan and should have a Japanese New Year then i'd love to read that or if you want to suggest a club or party let me know too. I love heavy metal / rock (I am lost when it comes to all the sub-genre's in metal so I won't list them but assume I love them too) and seen a cool New Years eve party at a metal concert so if you wanna give me your take on that also then it would be appreciated.

Hey...eye muffs some of you.....for those of you who love to support the local community and believe in it's citizens...if you have any gentlemen club's you prefer I love to support the future generations so let me know!

Also, if anyone is going to be over there around that time and you aren't shaking your head in disgust at the previous paragraph and wanna meet up lemme know!

Life is a marathon; not a 40 yard dash.

A superior psychology, mastery of self, and a clean arse are the keys to happiness.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-22-2010, 12:48 AM

Try Club Pure for nightlife. Also check out my friend Yoko's site to see if she has a party planned during your stay.
WhyNot!? JAPAN - Night Life in Kansai
Have fun and dress warm.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-22-2010, 01:33 AM

Are clubs open on New Years Eve? I had a very disappointing New Years trip to Tokyo, probably more than 15 years ago. My friend and I drank beers in an empty pub. There was nothing going on we could find, but that was a long time ago.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-04-2010, 06:45 AM

You might visit Koya-san while you are there, perhaps on or after New Years.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#5 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-04-2010, 07:53 AM

If you're in Dotonbori then you gotta get a pic with Flying man! (Guriko, i think it's meant to be Glico, maybe)

For foreigners San and Daves is a super popular club, there's one in Osaka, near Umeda ( a few stops on the midosuji line north of where you'll be)
But their Kyoto location is way way better, and much nicer girls there too, less dirty lol, still dirty though :P

On the days leading up to new years and on the days after it's intense. It's also good cuz you can party there all night then hit your favorite kyoto temple for new years day, i recommend Fushimi Inari.

I live in this area, and am very familiar with it, if there's more you wanna know just ask!

Most of the gentlemen's bars wont let in foreigners, unless maybe you have more than 1 japanese guy to carry your weight, and they are not cheap!
As a foreigner you can practically have the same experience for free at a normal dance club lol, you may not get to enjoy dancing very long before getting taken home by one more ladies.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kingoprice (Offline)
New to JF

Japan - 12-09-2010, 08:00 PM

I like to visit new places. I visited Japan three month ago. Osaka and Kyoto are beautiful place for journey. There are lots of places for enjoyment. There are temple,club and other places. Japanese girls and their language are good and pretty.Their dance are fantastic.

Spammer for life.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-10-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoprice View Post
Their dance are fantastic.
I 100% agree with everything you said except for this.. lol

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.