JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Gahzirra (Offline)
JF Regular

01-21-2011, 07:40 AM

Osaka has tons of personality. The great little bars in America Mura...stop by and say Hi to the 2 lady owners at Pamper, so much fun. A week in Osaka is a pretty long time I would recommend popping over to Kyoto for 2 days at the min and Nara for like a day trip (both are like 600y to go to)

Tokyo a week should be pretty sufficient. I hated Roppongi and Kabukicho, the South Africans were annoying and being in Japan I wanted to avoid the gaijin strongholds and the Japanese women who flock to them. If going to Japan to hang out with foreigners is your thing than Roppongi and Azabu juban are the spots.

As another said Yokohama is a great place, less than an hour train out of Tokyo, MM21 is super cool. When I go back I am going to allot more time for it the China town is the biggest in Japan.

Kamakura is another great stop out of Tokyo, just over an hour, lots of nature and hiking on your way to the great Daibutsu.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-21-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahzirra View Post
Osaka has tons of personality. The great little bars in America Mura...stop by and say Hi to the 2 lady owners at Pamper, so much fun. A week in Osaka is a pretty long time I would recommend popping over to Kyoto for 2 days at the min and Nara for like a day trip (both are like 600y to go to)

Tokyo a week should be pretty sufficient. I hated Roppongi and Kabukicho, the South Africans were annoying and being in Japan I wanted to avoid the gaijin strongholds and the Japanese women who flock to them. If going to Japan to hang out with foreigners is your thing than Roppongi and Azabu juban are the spots.

As another said Yokohama is a great place, less than an hour train out of Tokyo, MM21 is super cool. When I go back I am going to allot more time for it the China town is the biggest in Japan.

Kamakura is another great stop out of Tokyo, just over an hour, lots of nature and hiking on your way to the great Daibutsu.
Agree to everything you said.... you know which area I also hate? Ebisu... It seems to me that all the foreign worker live in that area......

Another suggestion while you are in Osaka, take a day trip to Kobe... not much to see, more of a "I;ve been there" type thing.... There are a few interesting sites by the port for pictures and souvenirs though...