JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Convincing friends to come? - 01-23-2011, 10:09 PM

Hey guys, I just need some quick help!

Actually, I'm graduating high school this year, so as a celebration my friends and I are planning to have a grad trip to Asia (we're also all asian, consisting of Chinese, and Koreans).

So far we're going to Hong Kong, Mainland China (oh god), and Korea. Japan is a not sure currently.

What reasons could I use to convince them? I have never been outside the airport there so I don't know anything about it, but I really want to go at least once to see what it's like.

We're all going to be 18 by then, so what would 18 year old guys do there?

Thanks again guys! Hope not to waste too much of your time to answer.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-24-2011, 01:20 AM

What do you guys like to do? Japan has tones of things that's attractive to teenagers and young adult. Japan is probably the one country that others bit and pieces of everying. Are you guys into anime, games, toys, figures and such????? Most importantly is what are you guys interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinRossTso View Post
Hey guys, I just need some quick help!

Actually, I'm graduating high school this year, so as a celebration my friends and I are planning to have a grad trip to Asia (we're also all asian, consisting of Chinese, and Koreans).

So far we're going to Hong Kong, Mainland China (oh god), and Korea. Japan is a not sure currently.

What reasons could I use to convince them? I have never been outside the airport there so I don't know anything about it, but I really want to go at least once to see what it's like.

We're all going to be 18 by then, so what would 18 year old guys do there?

Thanks again guys! Hope not to waste too much of your time to answer.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-24-2011, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
What do you guys like to do? Japan has tones of things that's attractive to teenagers and young adult. Japan is probably the one country that others bit and pieces of everying. Are you guys into anime, games, toys, figures and such????? Most importantly is what are you guys interested in?
Well, we like good food, shopping (less so with me), we've all watch anime at some point, but we're not obsessed or anything about it. Haha, I guess we grew out of toys, and figures, (maybe except for me). There's more I can name I guess, but I'm pretty sure Japan has anything we can think of!

I'm interested in music, and arcades, they're interested in clothes haha. Actually, a side question, would my friend who works out a lot find any clothes that fit him? He's sorta big...
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-29-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
I'm interested in music, and arcades, they're interested in clothes haha
I can only give a a tip on this little bit
Have you ever shown them pictures of the Japanese fashion in Harajuku and Shinjuku? They're like... the main fashion districts of Tokyo with lots of extravagant fashions. If the fashion there suits what they like, then you've got a good hook there.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-29-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
I can only give a a tip on this little bit
Have you ever shown them pictures of the Japanese fashion in Harajuku and Shinjuku? They're like... the main fashion districts of Tokyo with lots of extravagant fashions. If the fashion there suits what they like, then you've got a good hook there.
I'll try it! I like the fashion there . Hope they do! Maybe they like American clothes more though
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-29-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
I'll try it! I like the fashion there . Hope they do! Maybe they like American clothes more though
Worth a shot!

On a completely unrelated topic, I saw your post on the Pictures of your Life thread, and saw you've been to Malaysia!
I went there too last year, and am booked to go again this July
I stayed there with a Malaysian friend of mine who lives in Selangor so I got to see all the local hidden spots. It's a great country, especially when someone's there to show you around.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-29-2011, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
Worth a shot!

On a completely unrelated topic, I saw your post on the Pictures of your Life thread, and saw you've been to Malaysia!
I went there too last year, and am booked to go again this July
I stayed there with a Malaysian friend of mine who lives in Selangor so I got to see all the local hidden spots. It's a great country, especially when someone's there to show you around.
I'll pm you :P!