LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-26-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post

Travelers checks are not an option in Japan, no one that I know here even knows what they are, and certainly no one accepts them. Cash is the best option. You don't really need a money belt, a pocket with a zipper is more than sufficient.

I went in October and I took most of my money in the form of traveler checks. I cashed some at Narita Airport when I fist got there. I cashed one at my hotel (Shinagawa Prince) and realized there was a much better rate (4 yen/dollar) at a traveler check cashing place in Odaiba Aqua City, so I cashed my remaining ones there.... I never did use them to pay for anything. I didn't use a money belt either, as I had so many pockets, I don't think anyone could have deduced where my wallet was!

As for travel insurance, I bought it with my travelocity package, mostly for peace of mind. I have a heart condition, so if I needed to be evacuated for any reason, I would have something to go by....
(#12 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-28-2011, 01:55 AM

a few years back, whenever me or my co-workers travel for business trip in Japan we carry most of our money in travelers cheque, because we get better deal with them.

we usually just exchange enough for train and food in the airport and do most of exchanging in Akihabara. Laox or Yodobashi Camera have money exchange counters a their rate is a bit higher than banks especially on a weekend

I have roamed Tokyo and Osaka with 500yen in my pocket or more than several hundreds but I have never lost a single yen yet ..

Travel Insurance? I do pay them, but most of the time its included with airfare. but am not sure what is the policies in the UK though..

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#13 (permalink))
Old
justinloe84 (Offline)
New to JF

03-18-2011, 07:36 AM

Hello Friends...

Travel Insurance is the one that pay us back if something wrong happens with us durring the trip....I mean to say luggage stolen,accident,etc...So i would suggest you all guys to have it before leaving for the trip...It is just like a security that covers your all misshappening's in the trip...

Justin Loe.
-------------------
To know about villa click on villa majorque and on location lloret de mar.