JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Route to japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/37285-route-japan.html)

shu 05-03-2011 11:05 PM

Route to japan

is it possible to go to japan by starting at the bottom of canada then traveling to the top then taking a boat to greenland,then boat to iceland then norway,then travel to sweaden then to finland then russia travel all the way the way around then to japan? how long do you think it would take to get there?

JohnBraden 05-04-2011 01:04 AM

Maybe in an icebreaker, yes, one could possibly do it. But why on earth would you want to?

tokusatsufan 05-04-2011 09:46 AM

I think it'd take...weeks or months?

RealJames 05-04-2011 10:16 AM

if you're so scared of flying then you can take a boat across the pacific

godwine 05-04-2011 01:04 PM

How big of a boat are we talking about? If a large boat is an option, you can just travel across from Vancouver. Or cut across from Alaska > Russia if you really want to cut down from Hokkaido

The proposed route is of course possible, theoretically anyways, but not realistic....

Sangetsu 05-04-2011 02:17 PM

The best route to Japan starts at getting a job, then working hard, then saving money, then getting an airline ticket, and then flying over the sea like everyone else. And doing it this way might even take less time. I hiked across America some years ago, from the east coast to the west coast. It was a great experience, but then I had plenty of time to waste.

godwine 05-05-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangetsu (Post 864372)
The best route to Japan starts at getting a job, then working hard, then saving money, then getting an airline ticket, and then flying over the sea like everyone else. And doing it this way might even take less time. I hiked across America some years ago, from the east coast to the west coast. It was a great experience, but then I had plenty of time to waste.

Funny :) I looked up his profile after I reply, then it occur to me that he sounded like a run away who want to find ways to get to Japan for free or for cheap, with no purpose or no prospect of work or anything else....

JohnBraden 05-05-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwine (Post 864547)
Funny :) I looked up his profile after I reply, then it occur to me that he sounded like a run away who want to find ways to get to Japan for free or for cheap, with no purpose or no prospect of work or anything else....

Sounds like they should form a group.... There seems to be quite a few of those here....

godwine 05-05-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBraden (Post 864549)
Sounds like they should form a group.... There seems to be quite a few of those here....

Increasing numbers lately..... something with the new generation, its almost like living with no purpose IS their purpose... and they dream of big things without any means of getting there.. or finding ways like this as an "easy" way out

shu 05-06-2011 01:59 AM

exacty mate,I feel I have no purpose. The most I have to offer the world is crappy music.