JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sweetokyo (Offline)
JF Regular

Cheapest season to go to Japan - 11-09-2011, 01:10 AM

I've finally been given the opportunity to go to Japan; however, the ticket prices are extremely high.
Honestly, I checked the prices in March 2011 and it was about 600 USD. Now it is currently about 1,300 from now throughout March.
I do not know if it is the season or the earthquakes that has the prices elevating so high, but which season do you think is the cheapest time to go?

I don't have a facebook.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-09-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetokyo View Post
I've finally been given the opportunity to go to Japan; however, the ticket prices are extremely high.
Honestly, I checked the prices in March 2011 and it was about 600 USD. Now it is currently about 1,300 from now throughout March.
I do not know if it is the season or the earthquakes that has the prices elevating so high, but which season do you think is the cheapest time to go?
If you are gauging it by flight prices, then there's no cheapest season. Air fares seem to go up, no matter what, and I don't think that's going to change. I paid $1000 for a JAL flight in October 2010 and I paid $1436 for the same flight in March 2012. It seems the prices will be forever linked to fuel and greed by the airlines.

You can try the free airfare to Japan contest starting in April if the government approves the measure. 10,000 free round trip tickets to Japan were to be offered after April 2012, since the new fiscal year start then. No word yet as to what is involved, but I'm sure you'll hear about it again if it's passed.

I would figure the time after New Year and before Sakura would be a good time to go, financially speaking....
(#3 (permalink))
Old
sweetokyo (Offline)
JF Regular

11-09-2011, 03:16 AM

I agree, airlines are extremely greedy, but they get what they want. I guess I just got lucky with that price.
I was actually thinking about going in March myself, so I will probably be paying the same amount. Don't feel too lonely. ;-;

I don't have a facebook.