LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-03-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMa0666 View Post
just checked out the rail pass and seriously lost lol... i saw a JR west railpass... whats it for?? can i use it for going ard osaka?? issit for going to kyoto ?? dun really understand wut it means??
Yeah, I feel you. I went to Japan last year and I'm going back to Osaka in a few weeks.

Contact your local travel agent. I am a member of AAA so I contact them and they set me up with the JR pass. Just let them know where you are staying and where you want to go. You will have to take into consideration where your furthest away city is and where your final departure flight is because your JR pass can possibly save you some expensive rides on the last day of which you'll be at your lowest money wise.

Also, don't be nervous because it is the safest country for a new traveler to visit. If you do not speak the language the biggest advice I can give you communication wise is that non-verbal communication is more than 60% of communication.

Even if you can't speak the language you can still get your point across.

Finally, there are tons of things to do and see but some of the fun (for me at least) was getting lost in cities and coming across cool stores, shops, restaurants, and mini-malls. Shrine and castle hopping is fun too.

Hey - try to bring an tablet (borrow one if you don't have one). Some of the games on the tablets are awesome and will definitely help in the airport and on the plane. Also, it takes HD video and you're going to want to take video over there. For me rather than bring my laptop and video recorder the tablet replaces both!

Have fun man and Osaka is a greatest ugly city !! I love Osaka***

Last edited by OHayou : 12-03-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: I removed IPAD for tablet. I purchased the ASUS Transformer Prime which is quad core!