JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
06-11-2007, 02:36 AM

yea gaijins arnt 100% of the problems.

but they are a majority of the small problems you'll see from day to day.

well.. mainly nightly drunken people =P

there are some really wacko japanese out there that scare the bejesus out of me.

I read in the news a month ago a guy kidnapped and killed a Female English teacher! Scarrry stuff.

but for smaller problems yea gaijins tend to think their invincible and cause a rukus.

But as for bigger crimes, Japan as a nation has very small crime rate.

Philadelphia where im originally from... well... lets just say were the 2nd Murder Captial in the US next to Camden New Jersey.
300+ murders just in 07 and only 10% get solved.

now thats a insane =P

i didn't mean to be rude or any thing, if i came out that way i apologize.

I just want to state that, if you plan on comming to Japan, crime is the least of your worries.

The biggest problem you will have is finding money to buy every thing you want. *also the room in your suitcase* cuz your only allowed 22 Kilos per bag on the trip back home! =(
(#32 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

06-11-2007, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I have no idea what you were doing, but it seems really weird that something so weird would happen to you not just once, but twice in the same short period of time.
I`ve never been pickpocketed. I`ve left my bag sitting on tables, and never had it touched.

Are you SURE you were in Japan and not some other country? Because packs of poor orphans stealing your stuff at the airport does NOT seem likely.
Ok....I'm sorry to say this.....and I mean it in the nicest way, but that is just plain dumb......In every single country out there, there are many people who wouldn't look twice to take someone elses belongings....I've never heard someone just blatently say that they don't take precautions against it.......I mean, I think the only reason I have never been mugged in any way is that I have a hand firmly on my camera bag strap or the bag itself......also, I don't really do this, but it is a good idea to wear tight pants when you are carrying a wallet........therefore, there is no chance of a hand getting in there without you noticing......

IamKira
(#33 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

06-11-2007, 02:54 AM

if you are planning to live in japan, you have to get used to drunk ppl. They are everywhere especially on Friday nights. Mostly salary man , and others.

you are going to smell them if you rode on the same train, stinks really. But yeah Japanese ppl love their beer and shochu , and nomikai

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#34 (permalink))
Old
oceansportrait (Offline)
New to JF

07-24-2007, 05:28 PM

I've never been pickpocketed in Japan. I even went alone there when I was around 11 (not for the whole trip, but until I arrived at my grandmother's place ^^). They could've easily taken my wallet/valuables at the airport. While I was out with my cousin in Japan, I accidentally forgot my wallet at one of those UFO catcher machines, I went back ten minutes later and no one had touched it. Amazing. Good thing too---I had nearly $1000 worth of Japanese money in that thing XD
(#35 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
07-24-2007, 05:58 PM

Aww. Poor husband. I've never tried that, though. O__O
People are afraid to steal from evil Nan. *mwaha*

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#36 (permalink))
Old
ForeignExchangeStudent (Offline)
New to JF

07-24-2007, 06:42 PM

My sister was in Ecuador and the people she was staying at the man of the house was pickpocketed they took his credit cards.

You have to risk life to create a future.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
pixuli (Offline)
minipig

Send a message via MSN to pixuli
07-24-2007, 08:29 PM

I think Japan is the safest country. In every country there is bad persons and everything. Even I have stealed stuff from store (tought I have never busted of it. lol. I don't do it anymore so no need to lecture me or anything~).

My mom once forgot her camera and bag to a japanese airport for the whole day and when we went to search it in the evening, someone had picked them up ad put them in a higher place so they can be found easier.
I think you just had bad luck or something.

"You can't be a cook if you can't work with onions."
"*stare*"
"You can start with this lonely onion."
"*glomp*"
"WTF!"
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
07-29-2007, 02:46 AM

i've been to japan 8 times.. never seen any thing like pick pocketing orphans, ESP at the airport.

just seems like you misplaced cash or somthing.

unless you totally saw them nip it from ya.

i mean you can use your " you've never been to japan line" on some people, but not gona work on me.

I've NEVER seen or heard any thing of orphans running around.

i even forgot my laptop bag at the currency exchange once and almost left narita with out it, i came back like 30 mins later and was exactly where it left it.

Pretty much gotten use to the random drunks, and theres homeless here and there.

just find it hard to belive you got robbed by orphans

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#39 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

08-02-2007, 02:22 PM

Maybe you sstand out in a way?

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#40 (permalink))
Old
enyafriend (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2007, 08:14 AM

Someone once told me that if you were to accidently leave something in a public place, and if you went back there, say half an hour later, you can bet that it'll still be there.
But if you don't find it there, then chances are that it was taken away by some foreigners.
I laughed when I first heard that. Many years later, I found that to be very true.

Hokkaido e ikitai........