LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

05-28-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post

oh and one question, why name the thread "Pink Japan?" What does pink have to do with being gay I wonder?? (well, unless a guy wears pink all the time)
I know, I thought this was going to be about hostess clubs and sopu parlors. Like the city I live in has the infamous "Pink Street" which is full of such places of ill repute.

I am in agreement with the others on this, no one cares.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-28-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Does yaoi mean gay in Japanese?? (I hate being un-educated, I sound ignorant!)
No, it doesn`t.

It basically means "no real point", but only in that specific context.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-28-2007, 02:49 PM

if it means "no real point" then why use it to stand for men being together? It doesn't make any sense, or am I missing a point....
(#14 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
05-28-2007, 02:55 PM

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE JAPAN, and plan on moving there, but I have this theory that every Asian person is at least bi...... don't get mad, but for the most part it's true... look at Gackt and HYDE..... I'm not putting them down, I love their music, but Gackt has been quoted talking about his "bi"ness... he said "I have the ability ot tell when a man is beautiful, but sexually, I need a woman"....
Now, how can being Gay/Bi be frowned upon when two of the most famous well-known people are hot for each otehr....lol

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned

05-28-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
Don't get me wrong, i LOVE JAPAN, and plan on moving there, but I have this theory that every Asian person is at least bi...... don't get mad, but for the most part it's true... look at Gackt and HYDE..... I'm not putting them down, I love their music, but Gackt has been quoted talking about his "bi"ness... he said "I have the ability ot tell when a man is beautiful, but sexually, I need a woman"....
Now, how can being Gay/Bi be frowned upon when two of the most famous well-known people are hot for each otehr....lol
Wrong, it depends from person to person not race to race. Unless you have some gay gene or brought up to be gay.
Like I said before, if you're gay don't concern yourself about what others think. Just respect their feelings and don't snog your partner in the middle of Shinjuku. It will be fine. =\

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Mattleninja (Offline)
I cannot be defeated

05-28-2007, 04:47 PM

I don't thinking a man being able to appreciate the looks or beauty of another man is at all homosexual, women do it all the time "Oh, she looks pretty" etc.

Personally, I have a bit of a bad habit for openly expressing when I think a guy is good looking, and have been called gay for it a few times.

In Japan, I think it's more acceptable than in Western countries, but why should you worry anyway, you are who you are and anyone who discriminates you for that is just a bigot.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-28-2007, 05:02 PM

I agree with you Mattleninja, for some reason in Western society, if a man says another man is good looking, or he is handsome, then everyone immediately thinks he is gay. But if a girl says that then that is no big deal. It is strange isn't it, how society around us has decided what is right and wrong. It makes me laugh sometimes....
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Mattleninja (Offline)
I cannot be defeated

05-28-2007, 06:52 PM

To be honest, I could rant on about how society affects us and the media and how a lot of it is because of religion and how we should all denounce religion and re-write the status quo.

But I'm busy so I'll save that for another time.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-28-2007, 07:24 PM

Meh...im just basing my judgement from my parents lol
(#20 (permalink))
Old
morgan (Offline)
New to JF

05-28-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
(almost didn't recognize you with the new avatar Samokan) lol

I wouldn't imagine that you would have a problem with it in Japan, as long as you aren't rubbing it in their faces, I sure it'll be fine. Even though most people who are gay keep it a secret. But some flaunt it like Samokan said, I am not sure what would happen then. >_>

oh and one question, why name the thread "Pink Japan?" What does pink have to do with being gay I wonder?? (well, unless a guy wears pink all the time)
I think its an english term using pink to mean gay, like when companies aim something specifically at the gay market they are trying to get the 'pink pound'. i dunno it is a bit silly.. originally i suppose it would be from when the natzis tattoo'd pink triangles on the gay men to distinguish them.