JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AamX391 (Offline)
JF Regular

Longing for Japan - 07-26-2007, 03:45 AM

I have been want to go to japan for a long time, and have no clue where to start panning a trip, if i should find someone to drag along with me, how much money i should save up or what.

If you guys could direct me where i should visit, how much hotels and such usually cost and what not, i would be forever gratefull, thanks.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
AsianG1 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AsianG1 Send a message via Yahoo to AsianG1
07-26-2007, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamX391 View Post
I have been want to go to japan for a long time, and have no clue where to start panning a trip, if i should find someone to drag along with me, how much money i should save up or what.

If you guys could direct me where i should visit, how much hotels and such usually cost and what not, i would be forever gratefull, thanks.
hi i can help you plan for your trip
i've been to japan before so i know what to do ...
first you should take a friend with you because you dont want to be caught by yourself...
if you plan on going in the next couple of years or so than start saving now because theres the hotal and the food and the spending the stuff you want
and if your goning to bring a friend tell him or her to start saving money too

I'll beat anyone who challenges me, I'll beat anyone who thinks they are better.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
Okinawa (Offline)
Okinawa Japan Sweety

Hmmm - 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM

If you stayed in a capsule hotel that would only run you about 3,000 yen a night, and that would save you lots of money for other things.

I love taking Pictures of Japan. I love Japan, do you? Check out my Okinawa Pictures. Okinawa is home, a small little island in Japan.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AsianG1 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AsianG1 Send a message via Yahoo to AsianG1
07-26-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okinawa View Post
If you stayed in a capsule hotel that would only run you about 3,000 yen a night, and that would save you lots of money for other things.
Thats true but ive never been in the capsule hotel yet so i say go with okinawa on the hotal thing

I'll beat anyone who challenges me, I'll beat anyone who thinks they are better.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Okinawa (Offline)
Okinawa Japan Sweety

07-26-2007, 09:56 PM

Especially this time of year, with all of the warm weather and upcoming festivals.

I love taking Pictures of Japan. I love Japan, do you? Check out my Okinawa Pictures. Okinawa is home, a small little island in Japan.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tsukikage (Offline)
6th div vice

07-26-2007, 11:12 PM

HI there, id recomend the Khaosan-tokyo asakusa. Khaosan Tokyo Asakusa Annex Hostel in Tokyo, Japan
they have a few hostels and are very friendly and excellent value for money.
Capsule hotels id recomend as a last resort, but if youv never tried a capsule before, Its definatly worth doing.
If you get to Kyoto, I reccoment the Diaya Ryokan Daiya Ryokan Hostel in Kyoto, Japan
id be happy to answer any other questions (provided im not too rusty in my knowledge tho)

Bankai!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
DXL (Offline)
JF Regular

07-27-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamX391 View Post

First thing to get is a book. I used Lonely Planet Japan Guide
Second thing visit some Japan tourists websites ie JNTO etc

after that visit some travel sites like tripadvisor, wikitravel

after that you'll start getting a feel for what you wanna do and see and also when to go and then you can start looking at hotels, flights etc

good luck, need help, just ask
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
07-29-2007, 02:39 AM

if your a student try finding tickets for students.

they generally cost less i use JTB USA for cheap filghts to Tokyo

some times around 1000 less then normal plane tickets.

Before you go buying your ticket you want to make sure you have living arrangements.

you can try guest houses or hostels or cheap short term apartments.

I use Sakura House * just google them*

they have apartments/guest houses/ and hostels all over Tokyo.

book your living situation and then make sure you work out the time difference with plane ticket so you know when you will be arriving in Tokyo Time.

it really depends on how long you stay.

i go for 3 months at a time and get apartments

for shorter trips you might wana try hostels or guest houses.

hotels can be very costly, and some will only let you stay a few weeks.

i recommend traveling with a friend.

makes the trip more enjoyable.

g'luck

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#9 (permalink))
Old
AamX391 (Offline)
JF Regular

07-30-2007, 01:27 AM

that sakura house is a great tip, i dont think i could have ever found that on my own, thank you guys so much
(#10 (permalink))
Old
tiki808 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-30-2007, 01:31 AM

im planning to go to Japan also but in 5 years after i finish college and im dragging my friend along with me haha i have to wait a while and save a lot of money so im starting to put aside money kinda hard for me cause i like to shop a lot but its worth it and i want to go shopping a lot there! i think you should bring someone with you so your not alone in a place your not familiar with and about money it all depends on what you plan to do there and how long your going to stay so i hope you plans go well pray for me to haha!