JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
rayluber95 (Offline)
New to JF

Cool A trip to Japan...PLEASE ANSWER~!!! - 07-29-2007, 06:09 PM

Hiya~!!! Okay, when I graduate from high school, I'm going to take a year off before going to college and take a trip to Japan~!!! I know a visa can only let me stay there for about 90 days-how much do those cost?-so I wanna know kewl places to visit and nice places to stay. Where can I find a guide? How much is one yen-I've heard it's like 2.8345 or whatever US dollars, but how much is that?! Is there some kinda weird customs that if I don't do, they'll execute me, or something?! That was really overdramatic... Any kinda food I need to stay away from? Like that sweat in a can thing, or whatever it's called... I plan on doing the whole tourist thingy and going to Tokyo, not because I wanna see God Zilla-which I look forward to seeing BTW-but because I wanna go to that anime museum. Can someon please help me?! I only have six years to get enough ,oney to plan my entire trip~!!! Ooo! This might be kinda random, but do they have see through phones in Japan??? Lol.

People keep saying that flying is the safest way to travel, but I've never seen a tricycle get hijacked by terrorists. OHMIGAWD~!!! I just burned all your butts! Put that in your juice box and suck it advertisers!

Someone should sue red bull for false advertising. It does NOT give you wings...I found that out the hard way...

What we do today will forever echo throughout eternity...so don't screw it up.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-29-2007, 06:12 PM

This is for a trip you are going to take in 6 years? Just start saving some money and worry about answering these questions in about 2012.

The easy questions have been answered here many times. The cool places to go probably don't exist yet.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
rayluber95 (Offline)
New to JF

Wow... - 07-29-2007, 06:16 PM

Wow...that...that was just so helpful. You have such a big influence in my life and with the knowledge you've presented me, I will rule the world.

People keep saying that flying is the safest way to travel, but I've never seen a tricycle get hijacked by terrorists. OHMIGAWD~!!! I just burned all your butts! Put that in your juice box and suck it advertisers!

Someone should sue red bull for false advertising. It does NOT give you wings...I found that out the hard way...

(#4 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-29-2007, 07:17 PM

He's right. You should worry about these questions much later. I mean, you're only 13. Graduating high school is still a long time for you. Just do some research on Japan in the time being. In six years you may not even care about Japan. This may just be a phase.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-29-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayluber95 View Post
Wow...that...that was just so helpful. You have such a big influence in my life and with the knowledge you've presented me, I will rule the world.
1) The answers to pretty much all your questions are easily accessed in this site and on the internet.

2) You are talking about something you are going to do in 6 years. Don't worry about the yen/dollar ratio right now or what is cool and trendy. It will all be different.

That IS very helpful, though you don't seem to realize it.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
rayluber95 (Offline)
New to JF

Unhappy ummmm... - 07-30-2007, 08:31 PM

If people are going to answer, please answer my questions. Please don't tell me I don't have to worry about it for six years just because I'm not going on the trip now, because I need a lot of that info now...like, right now.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

07-30-2007, 09:48 PM

Luber ereminds me of me right now wanting to go to japan even though I'm 12! lol! but yeah answer his questions there pretty much what I want to know especially about the mueseum!

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

07-31-2007, 01:09 AM

No see-through phones, not that I know of. That would be a pain trying to dial numbers on a keypad you can't even see. From what I've heard, all the cool phones are made in Korea.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
rayluber95 (Offline)
New to JF

Smile 07-31-2007, 03:20 AM

Lol. I'm 12 too, but I didn't know if this site had an age thingy so I just kicked it up a year. And I'm a girl... I know I've seen a picture of a see-through phone-you could see the wires and circutry and the numbers lit up a pretty green-but I'm not sure where it came from so I just assumed Japan~!!! Thanks for answering at least ONE of my questions...

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-31-2007, 03:55 AM

Start worrying about saving the money up once you can work. If you`re really determined, save any money your receive up until then - birthday money, Christmas money, etc. As you want to plan for this now and not later, you must be really determined, right? Just don`t buy anything, get a bank account if you don`t already have one, and put all the money in there. Once you can work in some capacity, work, save, and repeat.

Any other advice I can`t really help you with. Between now and then things will have changed so much that even if I tried it would no longer be applicable.
But one thing that will *never* change is the need for money. So do what you can do now and save every tiny bit.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.