JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ReiHino (Offline)
New to JF

Concerts in Tokyo - 09-13-2007, 04:24 PM

I love me some jrock and jpop, but there doesn't seem to be anything going on in the Metropolis. I'm talking about actual japanese bands, not like Linkin park who I can see in the US at some point [They're ok, but when I was a teen I was big on them. Oh how times change :P Korn however...]

I can't read me Kanji or speak the language but I'm still interested. Staying in Tokyo until Oct 3 or maybe longer if I get a job [ha!]. Suggestions anyone?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyDemise (Offline)
喜悦

09-15-2007, 05:18 AM

Well it might be a little difficult to go to a concert and have a full experience without knowing the language.. but just pick out your favorite bands, go to their sites and look up their tour dates.

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ReiHino (Offline)
New to JF

09-15-2007, 06:02 AM

My bands aren't touring or have finish, or worse I don't understand their web pages ^^;;

Music has no boundaries! Can't let a little thing like language get in the way ^_-
I wanted to see Buck tick so bad, as well as Anna Tsuchiya, but too late, too late.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to pandayanyan Send a message via MSN to pandayanyan
09-15-2007, 07:10 AM

Listings

that should help....
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Okinawa (Offline)
Okinawa Japan Sweety

09-16-2007, 07:20 PM

Isn't there a Tokyo rock fest?

I love taking Pictures of Japan. I love Japan, do you? Check out my Okinawa Pictures. Okinawa is home, a small little island in Japan.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM

Go to the neartest Lawson konbini. Usually near the cashier or the magazines there is a computer where you can buy concert tickets from. It's all written in Japanese, but you can always ask someone to operate it for you. There you'll find tour dates, locations, prices... everything you need. And you can buy the tickets too!!
Or you could just go to the band's website, check out their live schedule, and then go to a Lawson to buy the ticket.
Remember: always buy your ticket at least three weeks before the gig. Clubs are small, there are a lot of music fans, and the tickets usually go sold-out in a couple of days. Even gigs in huge livehouses like Shibuya AX hold 1200 persons, not more. Trying to get a ticket at the livehouse the same day of the concert is almost impossible...

Quote:
Tokyo rock fest
Summer Sonic and Fuji rock festival are the biggest festivals near Tokyo, and are held in july.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
ReiHino (Offline)
New to JF

09-17-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclamen View Post
Go to the neartest Lawson konbini. Usually near the cashier or the magazines there is a computer where you can buy concert tickets from. It's all written in Japanese, but you can always ask someone to operate it for you. There you'll find tour dates, locations, prices... everything you need. And you can buy the tickets too!!
Or you could just go to the band's website, check out their live schedule, and then go to a Lawson to buy the ticket.
Remember: always buy your ticket at least three weeks before the gig. Clubs are small, there are a lot of music fans, and the tickets usually go sold-out in a couple of days. Even gigs in huge livehouses like Shibuya AX hold 1200 persons, not more. Trying to get a ticket at the livehouse the same day of the concert is almost impossible...

Summer Sonic and Fuji rock festival are the biggest festivals near Tokyo, and are held in july.
Whoa, thats a lot of help- thank you! I'll see whats left since I only have 2 weeks left ;-; C'mon cool new sounds...

I <3 Lawson's- they've got everything you'd ever need. Can't read the Japanese but I know at least one place where they speak some english.
Any concert you personally recommend? I finally bought me some concert going clothes so I can't wait to go rock it XD