JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
blk180 (Offline)
New to JF

01-22-2008, 04:57 AM

do you think that would be pushing it in regards to time frame? i was plaining on catching the shinkansen at about 6am and arrive in osaka at about 9am....do some sightseeing and return to tokyo sometime in the early evening?

is this possible are am i dreaming?
(#52 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-22-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk180 View Post
do you think that would be pushing it in regards to time frame? i was plaining on catching the shinkansen at about 6am and arrive in osaka at about 9am....do some sightseeing and return to tokyo sometime in the early evening?

is this possible are am i dreaming?

In terms of the amount of things you can see in an around Tokyo, I am not sure it is worth it to spend that much time on a train for a few hours in Osaka.

Don't get me wrong, I love Osaka, but I would either spend the night (or two) there or go to Chinatown in Yokohama or something closer.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
blk180 (Offline)
New to JF

01-22-2008, 05:05 AM

ok cool. thanks for that mate.

what about nagano? day trip to nagano, leave eary in the morning and return early evening on the shinkansen. would that be possible? also would there be snow around the end of march in nagano?
(#54 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-22-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk180 View Post
ok cool. thanks for that mate.

what about nagano? day trip to nagano, leave eary in the morning and return early evening on the shinkansen. would that be possible? also would there be snow around the end of march in nagano?
I've never been there, so I hope someone else can help with that one.

I mean, if you have someplace you really want to see in Osaka, then it's surely worth it, but if not, there is PLENTY to do that's closer and doesn't mean you spend most of a day on the train (which is oddly draining, just as it is.)

We'd love to hear what you decide and how it goes.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
blk180 (Offline)
New to JF

01-22-2008, 05:29 AM

yeah i dont really have anything particular to see in osaka, i've just been reading everyone else's posts and it seems that its a really nice place to visit.
to be honest i've got nothing planned for my time in japan. as this is just a 7 night adventure/stop over before heading over to london.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
ChisaChi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2008, 06:07 AM

Do you have anywhere in particular you want to go in Nagano? Some parts will be further away than others. I'm planning to go on a day trip to Karuizawa for skiing, which seems to be in a part of Nagano that's quite close to Tokyo (about an hour away by shinkansen). Doesn't leave a whole lot of time for skiing, but should hopefully be a decent taster.

Why don't you try staying a night in Osaka if you want to go there? Will give you a bit more time to explore. Although then that cuts into the time you have in Tokyo, so its up to what you're looking for.

chisa@flickr - photos
ChiGarden - blog
chisa.deviantart - art + crafts
(#57 (permalink))
Old
blk180 (Offline)
New to JF

01-22-2008, 06:45 AM

no not really....just interested in going to the main part of nagano for a bit sight-seeing.

yeah i was thinking of staying for 1 night in osaka since it will be a mission to get down there and back to tokyo in one day.

as you can see from my posts that i dont really have anything organised. i might have to sit down and work out a schedule for myself.