JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
11-16-2008, 11:35 PM

Didn't read your post because it was so long and my eyes are tired.

Still, any trip to any other country is epic to say the least. Good on ya'.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Banzai (Offline)
日本バンザイ~!

Send a message via MSN to Banzai
11-17-2008, 01:28 AM

I'm glad you all liked my story. Ever since I stepped foot in Japan I have never been unhappy. It was the greatest experience of my life. My host family and I are really close as well. Here is a picture of them.

Left to Right:Sanae, Kennichi and Chihiro (Green Coat guy not included)

The trip was pretty expensive but it was because we went somewhere different every day of the week. On one of the days we stayed in a nice Hotel. During the weekends we stayed with our host family.

>>>SOSDefinition<<<

私は日本語より多く学ぶことが開始されます。
(#13 (permalink))
Old
sdbri (Offline)
New to JF

02-22-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
12 hours later after the departure from San Francisco we finally landed in Nagoya Airport. We landed and everyone was looking out the windows. All the Japanese workers all looked so happy to see us and were dressed really well. They even gave a greeting to us while they were on the ground from the plane. Nothing compared to the dirty dressed Americans when arriving in San Francisco. So now I got out of my seat and walked down that path to the main airport area. This is when I realized.
Thanks for sharing such a great story, it brings back memories of my first time going to Japan. I went alone on a whim, but there were the same feelings of preparation and excitement. For the right person, it really can be a trip of a lifetime.

And yes every time I come back from Japan to California I notice how fat and badly dressed people at the airport are. Then again, it's kind of nice dressing casual all year round.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
LorenPaul (Offline)
New to JF

02-27-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
No unfortunately not, I've never had the time nor the money. For example, When I was younger I was too young to get a job/go to Japan with friends, and now I am in full time education doing A Levels, and even when I do get holiday I am doing work through the holidays, so basically that is what has restricted me from going. I could go to Japan on my savings but the wiser thing to do would be to use them for University, so it doesn't look like I'll be going any time soon.

I come here often to learn about the culture and now I've started learning the language the people on here are extremely helpful with that, they tell you things that'd you'd never get from a textbook.
hold strong. since i went to university i went to japan for 10 days in the first year.

i'm now in my second year and i'm going to japan for 3 weeks in june.

uni actually makes money EASIER.

as you have control over your finances and you learn when to save and when to spend.

T.v. and buying stupid crap aren't the priorities in your life anymore.. buying food and paying bills are... and therefor your willing to spend "more money" on real play time.. instead of unnecessary items.

also.. in uni you are your own person. you don't have to follow your friends "trends" etc.

i'm in uni in the west midlands and from my student loan i tend to have neough at the end of the year to go to japan for a month ish.. and the other 4 months of the year i have off for uni holidays/breaks i work my ass off at work and i'm pretty financially comfortable!

(also staying with penfriends helps ;-) )

back on track of the thread though

amazing story! and i'm jealous of you.. i wanna be in japan now! >=(

i hope you enjoyed/are enjoying your trip!

|L.p.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
1zzy (Offline)
New to JF

03-11-2009, 12:38 AM

Hey, great story. Your trip sounded like a blast ..well your enthusiasm made it sound so anyway.

Host family looks alright. Don't know about that little girl though, looks like she has sticky fingers...

Does she have sticky fingers?...

...I bet she has sticky fingers!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Niyusu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-12-2009, 12:54 PM

That's a great story and your writing style is funny.

You should be a writer.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Starairi (Offline)
Fukuoka resident

Send a message via MSN to Starairi
03-12-2009, 08:48 PM

Wow, an interesting read. Thanks for posting ^^

Starairi
Crazy norwegain person
ノルエじんです
(#18 (permalink))
Old
imiss (Offline)
Metrosexual Narcissist

03-30-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
...Nothing compared to the dirty dressed Americans when arriving in San Francisco...
Well... that kinda sums up all my feeling towards US after being in Japan

Part 2 coming up?

(#19 (permalink))
Old
isisbathory (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-10-2009, 09:37 AM

Congratulations
(#20 (permalink))
Old
chinabean (Offline)
JF Regular

06-10-2009, 12:02 PM

ahh reading your story made me smile and happy inside, can't wait til the day I get to go