JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Art (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-art/)
-   -   anyone wanna be a manga artist (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-art/12153-anyone-wanna-manga-artist.html)

GoodAnime 07-07-2008 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 383825)
Just out of curiousity...what is the difference between a manga artist and a comics artist?

Same, I wonder this, too. . .

I would like to become a mangaka one day. Although I don't think my art is all that good as of yet (My DeviantART page is in my sig :S ). . . My parents probably don't support me that much to become an artist (They don't know much about what I like), so it's kinda a hard situation for me. . . I'm still not sure if I can become a mangaka because the process of getting there harder than it looks when you think about it, but hey, that is like with every job. . . Isn't it??

-Sighs- If not a mangka, then at least an illustrator, like a free-lancer or something lulz. I need to learn more about business. e_e"

Kyousuke 07-07-2008 06:18 AM

dont know if i posted here, but i do. love manga. im working on a portfolio to send to a couple of places.

Masukou 07-07-2008 07:54 AM

Id love to be able to draw as well as pro manga artists, it's amazing what they do! Im not sure if I could ever draw for a living tho', so much pressure and I can never draw a character more than once..... I reckon I might just keep drawing for myself, but a professional manga artist.... *sigh* That's one of the dreams xD

AiUsagi 07-08-2008 04:59 AM

I would love to be a manga/comic artist. I think i would be a comic artist cause i live in America and so such things. I'm proficient at drawing, but have a lot of trouble with writing and story telling.

MMM 07-08-2008 05:33 AM

You guys might enjoy this. It is a comic artist tracing 100 different styles of manga "eyes" which goes to show, there are as many styles in manga as there are artists.

YouTube - 100 Ways to Draw Manga Eyes

noireen 07-08-2008 09:23 PM

Oh yes!

I wanted to be manga artist for the longest time.
I am currently trying to get major in computer graphics so we will be how that goes.. maybe I can use that to create my own manga.
The thing about manga that I find most important is the storyline which I suck at so I guess I will just draw some pretty pictures. :p

animemaga 07-15-2008 05:20 AM

I kinda did and I might go to college in Japan but I'm more interesting in writing now. I still draw for enjoyment all the time.

GoodAnime 07-15-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 530670)
You guys might enjoy this. It is a comic artist tracing 100 different styles of manga "eyes" which goes to show, there are as many styles in manga as there are artists.

YouTube - 100 Ways to Draw Manga Eyes

Oh, haha. I've seen the video. Pretty cool. Mark Crilley, the user of the YouTube account, gives me more motivation to become a mangaka. Like, I have a chance, too. x]

Shiningmonkey 07-16-2008 09:22 PM

I want to be a manga-ka someday. Along with game designer/artist.

Jade077 07-19-2008 12:46 AM

I would love to be a manga or comic book artist
I like drawing the pretty eyes
hopefully i will get there in the end
just finshed a art course in college